Print Thread
South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience #4719314 11/04/13 08:31 PM
T
txhunter11 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Just sharing a recent negative experience with South Texas Hunting Outfitters (stxhuntingoutfitters) for a low fence bow hunt.

I was double booked after being promised the lodging and hunting to our group.
The group hunting did not see one deer the whole 3 days including driving in and out etc.
The only deer spotted was a doe at the place we were staying before going to the hunting area.
The lodging is basically a very old house in need of repair that is one side of the interstate. The hunting area is directly on the other side of the interstate.

There were other things discussed on the phone that were different than what actually happened. There was an offer to bring us back after not seeing anything. When trying to book a return trip there was not much of an effort to have us return in my opinion.

After all the mishaps whether intentional, unintentional, or both I do not want to return to where things are never quite as they seem. After asking for a 1/3 of a refund it was stated that there is a no refund policy.

I am trying to be brief and as nice as possible. Just use my expensive learning experience as a benefit to others in the future. If something is discussed on the phone get it in writing. If someone offers to bring you back, just remember its back to the same place and with the same person that you have had the problems with in the first place. Also, remember you are at the mercy of the outfitter in regards to rescheduling, etc.

Last edited by txhunter11; 11/04/13 08:33 PM.
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: txhunter11] #4720244 11/05/13 01:26 AM
L
Lazyman Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
L
Sorry for your experience. I've hunted twice with Haiden with no complaints at all.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: Lazyman] #4720508 11/05/13 02:42 AM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Hmmmm

Big Beckett!!
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: Ramsey] #4720756 11/05/13 03:58 AM
C
Codfish Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Sorry to hear that.

We run exotic hunts year round, common exotics, Pere David, Oryx, Nilgai, Dybowski Sika. Email me if interested in pricing. Britton.iranch@yahoo.com or check us out on facebook, The Inheritance Ranch.
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: Codfish] #4720763 11/05/13 04:01 AM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Codfish
Sorry to hear that.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: txshntr] #4721046 11/05/13 09:19 AM
J
Jgotro Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Hunting is hunting can't control animals on low fence area, I've hunted with Haiden numerous times no complaints here. He got my daughter her first deer and I would recommend him anytime.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: Jgotro] #4721409 11/05/13 02:22 PM
D
duckman10 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Jgotro
Hunting is hunting can't control animals on low fence area, I've hunted with Haiden numerous times no complaints here. He got my daughter her first deer and I would recommend him anytime.

I've never heard one bad thing about Haiden and his operation. They call it hunting and not killing. I have bad hunts from time to time up here and yes I do bring them back for another hunt. Us outfitters can't control what the game are going to do while a client is here hunting. I'm sure Haiden would be more than happy to have you come back and have another chance at shooting something.

Dry Creek Outfitters - North Texas Duck, Dove, Turkey and Pig Hunts!

Originally Posted By: brazosboyt
Widgeons shall now be known as democrats. Living off the hard work of others.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: duckman10] #4721594 11/05/13 03:21 PM
M
Mike Garcia Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Sorry to hear, but ya that can be expected with low fence - free range. I had buddies go hunt moose and other big expensive game with no luck. Its a big dent in the wallet specially when you have out of state tags, flight etc. Just take this as a learning experience and maybe consider high fence if you want a 100% shot chance

Taxidermy Designs
Taxidermy By Manuel Garza � Tomball, Texas
www.taxidermydesigns.com

Pro Staff @ http://hipstargets.com/
Custom Bowstands By Michael Garcia
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: Mike Garcia] #4721626 11/05/13 03:32 PM
T
txhunter11 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
The lack of animals was just to add to the other things. It was only one of the issues.

I am well aware of what hunting consists of smile

I've been on low and high fence hunts with outfitters and guides before. This was not my first go smile

As far as there is nothing you can do about it that is not exactly the case. It's called game management, land management, scouting, and many other things.
But like I said the fact not a deer was seen that was not the main problem.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: txhunter11] #4721835 11/05/13 04:32 PM
T
TkWoodsmen Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Always a risk on a low fence hunt. High fence hunts, in my opinion, are only fun when the deer are 'wild'. I can not stand going to places that have a tiny pen and let the deer go right before you come out to hunt. I have had many good and bad experiences in many different states. One place was my favorite though, and that was at Hunts End Deer Ranch in Central Wisconsin.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: TkWoodsmen] #4722307 11/05/13 06:35 PM
S
STXHO Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Thank you for the comments everyone. I am not going to waste any time defending myself against this man. All I will say is that if anyone has any questions about my guide service please feel free to call me. I will be more than happy to talk to you about my operation. I have several LOW FENCE RANCHES. This means the animals come and go. We feed 365 days a year and manage the hunting pressure that is put in the wildlife. I will not go any further into this because I have offered Mr Glass another hunt at no charge and was planning on taking him to a different ranch and he has declined my offer and asked for a refund.

I will be sure to keep the forum updated with pictures from this years deer season!

Again- if anyone has any questions please feel free to call me. I would also be happy to provide a long list if references.

Thanks!

South Texas Hunting Outfitters

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: STXHO] #4722857 11/05/13 09:15 PM
T
txhunter11 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
This comment from you Haiden doesn't suprise me one bit. Nothing you have said since the day I have talked to you on the phone was the same. In additon to the phone conversations that were basically changed what you promised in emails were wrong too.

Its nice and convenient having several low fence hunts to offer at different ranches that way nobody exactly knows which one you are talking about.

What is even more of a reach is that you were going to offer to bring us back at another ranch. First that is just false. You can say you are offering that now because it makes you sound better but the fact is you never did. Second you would never give me a date to come back.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt from the beginning but you have proven over and over again that whatever you say just isn't correct.

This doesn't suprise me coming from someone that has not been in business very long. When you are only 22 years old you still have some things to learn about how to treat people.

Last edited by txhunter11; 11/05/13 09:34 PM.
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: txhunter11] #4722923 11/05/13 09:34 PM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
IBTL

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: txhunter11] #4722952 11/05/13 09:44 PM
S
STXHO Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: txhunter11
This comment from you Haiden doesn't suprise me one bit. Nothing you have said since the day I have talked to you on the phone was the same. In additon to the phone conversations that were basically changed what you promised in emails were wrong too.

Its nice and convenient having several low fence hunts to offer at different ranches that way nobody exactly knows which one you are talking about.

What is even more of a reach is that you were going to offer to bring us back at another ranch. First that is just false. You can say you are offering that now because it makes you sound better but the fact is you never did.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt from the beginning but you have proven over and over again that whatever you say just isn't correct.

This doesn't suprise me coming from someone that has not been in business very long. When you are only 22 years old you still have some things to learn about how to treat people.

Thanks for the response Stephen. Like I said before- if anyone has any questions about me or my operation PLEASE feel free to call me. I have plenty of references I can provide to anyone who wishes to review my reputation. My ranches are open for anyone to view, I have showed them several times before hunts, I have nothing to hide. There are several people on this forum who have hunted with me and a few have been on different properties. I won't discuss the comment you made about my age, better luck to you on your next hunt. Maybe you should try a high fence and go see the ranch before you book.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: STXHO] #4722997 11/05/13 10:00 PM
T
txhunter11 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
I have been on low fence hunts before. Actually was on a good one the year before. I know how low fence works.

Again the lack of ZERO deer activity is a low issue for me as I have said numerous times.

Viewing the ranch ahead of time means nothing in regards to you promising things like booking a group for the lodging and the hunting only to have you double book it. Then promising that the other hunter would not be hunting the same place only to later be riding in the vehicle with him hunting the same blinds.

Then it also would not keep you failing to respond to requests to come back only to see you tring to sell more of the same hunts day after day claiming you don't have connection to reply back to me.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: txhunter11] #4723041 11/05/13 10:14 PM
W
WRIEMER Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
popcorn

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: WRIEMER] #4723150 11/05/13 10:58 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have had similar problems before. I don't know if it is because of personalities differences or what. I don't represent the deer I have as anything but non supplement fed Hill Country deer. I raise Ibex and the Whitetail are here and I need to reduce them every year. I have had hunters that have come and bad mouthed me that the deer were not as advertised. They have gotten their money back so it did not cost anything for them to kill a day if that is what they were looking for. I have also had a hunter speak bad of me because I would not guarantee him more than a day to hunt. I do not charge a trespass or guide fee. One reason is because if I do not like the hunter he gets his down payment back and we both go on our merry ways. As I said before I do not have a dog in this fight and it may just be a difference of opinions that it has gotten to this stage. And everyone knows what opinions are like.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitters Negative Experience [Re: WRIEMER] #4723151 11/05/13 10:59 PM
R
RussG Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
This issue is not likely to end to anyone's satisfaction, and that's a shame. Having done both high and low fence hunts I know how frustrating it can be to find an outfitter on fair chase hunts that will tell you the truth about what they have on their land. Seems that almost all exaggerate their accommodations and cuisine, but that's a distant concern for me. I'm there to hunt and kill, not just sit in stand with a weapon. A good part of the reason I don't hunt the midwest on outfitted hunts anymore is because they stack up hunters in the lodge, 4-5 to a room, and count on the fact that most hunters won't get a shooting opportunity, and penalize you for shooting less than 130" deer. Many of the high fence places will let you whack a 150" for about the same cost as a fair chase hunt. Just saying!!!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide