5195745 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#4651080 - 10/11/13 03:34 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: LTMFH]
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: SMTX
Not hard up for a hunting spot... have several places including farm ponds and the coast, but nothing as close as the Colorado. I am a teacher and football coach who loves to hunt which doesn't mix (money and time-wise). I had always heard you can hunt the CO River so I finally called a game warden to get the facts. I plan on trying it out this year...seems like the hassle is worth it!!!

#4651091 - 10/11/13 03:36 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Erichugh22]
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: SMTX
I have a 12 ft john boat with a little outboard. The water is slow so you don't need much.

#4651140 - 10/11/13 03:49 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Erichugh22]
wcbillcollector Offline
Woodsman

Loc: West Columbia
Originally Posted By: Erichugh22
Originally Posted By: wcbillcollector
I like how everyone says not worth it though, more hunting area for me

Not everyone is trying to cheerleader on their "public" hunting spots. The more you blab about how awesome a public spot is.....especially on here.....the bigger chance your going to have for every jerk off with a boat trying to find your X.......and on the river it won't take long.

T

Well I mean the river only runs across the entire state, so I'm pretty sure everyone already knows that it's there. That's like saying don't say anything about hunting the coast.

Yeah...sorry... kind of came across as an azz. Just a sore subject with me.

#4651161 - 10/11/13 03:54 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: wcbillcollector]
Erichugh22 Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Duck blind
I like how everyone says not worth it though, more hunting area for me

Not everyone is trying to cheerleader on their "public" hunting spots. The more you blab about how awesome a public spot is.....especially on here.....the bigger chance your going to have for every jerk off with a boat trying to find your X.......and on the river it won't take long.

T

Well I mean the river only runs across the entire state, so I'm pretty sure everyone already knows that it's there. That's like saying don't say anything about hunting the coast.

Yeah...sorry... kind of came across as an azz. Just a sore subject with me.

Trust me I'm not one to ever name a lake or a spot, just trying to help this guy with the laws.

#4651198 - 10/11/13 04:02 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Erichugh22]
Ricochet83 Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Richmond, TX
So the whole river except for the banks obviously is Public on the colorado river?

#4651256 - 10/11/13 04:15 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Ricochet83]
Ricochet83 Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Richmond, TX
PS i dont like hunting rivers so not gonna go try to steal spots i was just curious if it broke out in sections or the whole thing.

#4651507 - 10/11/13 05:55 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Ricochet83]
3 shots 1 kill. Offline
Tracker

Loc: Fort Worth Texas
popcorn

#4651520 - 10/11/13 06:00 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: 3 shots 1 kill.]
garrett Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

When hinting a river it's not so much the GW you gotta worry about as much as the local LEO's that don't have a clue on the law of rivers.

That might be the voice of experience talking

Wano's Custom Calls

#4651596 - 10/11/13 06:20 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: garrett]
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: garrett
When hinting a river it's not so much the GW you gotta worry about as much as the local LEO's that don't have a clue on the law of rivers.

That might be the voice of experience talking

I've had land owners call the sheriff on me a few times but there was nothing he could do, he usually just Checks my license and let's me go. They always tell me they know were doing nothing wrong but they have to come if they get a call. Not all sheriffs deputies may be like the ones I've sealed with though. Had a cop called on me once too for carrying my shotgun from the truck to my canoe.

#4651603 - 10/11/13 06:22 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Erichugh22]
Pro Tracker

Made a lady with her dog "nervous" he said

#4651813 - 10/11/13 07:10 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: DuckCoach1985]
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
Tracker

Loc: Pflugerville, Tx
Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
I have a 12 ft john boat with a little outboard. The water is slow so you don't need much.

You ain't getting far. When the bottom falls out of the river depth in a couple weeks that little outboard ain't gonna get you anywhere you can hunt I can assure you. And these guys are correct..landowners are getting really pissy about all the duckhunting going on. I am good friends with several wardens that patrol the CR and due to all the the BS and douchebaggery going on by idiots setting up too close to houses and the incessant trespassing by projectile I am hearing this is the year the BS stops. That reads Mr. Greenjeans will be watching and videotaping from behind that tree when you ain't looking. Don't believe me? Just try it and see what happens...Just remember I warned you so don't come back on this forum crying ang whining how Mr. Greenjeans is a big ol meanie that wrote you a fat ticket.

R & B Outdoors
Mud Buddy motors/accessories
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com

#4651899 - 10/11/13 07:37 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Erichugh22]
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
Tracker

Loc: Pflugerville, Tx
I hunt the colorado a lot, I've never had any problems with landowners. It does help if you get permission from the landowner your hunting by so you don't have to worry about your shot leaving the river or not being able to get your birds. It can be worth the trouble if you stay legal. I've had great hunts on the river. Find an Island to set up on and face straight down or up the river and keep your shots low, you'll be fine.

Aren't you the poser who was on here last season bragging how you were setting up close to houses to hunt but you were out of the city limits so that was tough [censored] for the homeowners that live right there? See you are the problem grasshopper...Even though you may have been within the tape measure doesn't mean homeowners won't complain enough for disturbing the peace and get things shut down all together. Now you are on here giving advice. That's funny.

Tell ya what, topwater, I quit hunting the river due to wannabe's like you takin over and thinking you can do what you want. I got a hunsky that says you get popped this season for shooting across the river. I ain't buying that shooting low and within the riverway. You are shooting across and you know it. Just a matter of time before you get popped... I have a friend that lives in the area you are hunting and rest assured the homeowners in that area are gonna shut you down this year.

R & B Outdoors
Mud Buddy motors/accessories
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com

#4652039 - 10/11/13 08:32 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Homey da Clown]
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Weatherford/Albany TX
Tell him HTC!!! I don't want that top water jacking up my Centex mallard holes!!
richie incognito is a bully.

North central TX duck and dove hunts
http://www.silvercreekguideservice.com

#4652076 - 10/11/13 08:57 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Homey da Clown]
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: Homey da Clown
I hunt the colorado a lot, I've never had any problems with landowners. It does help if you get permission from the landowner your hunting by so you don't have to worry about your shot leaving the river or not being able to get your birds. It can be worth the trouble if you stay legal. I've had great hunts on the river. Find an Island to set up on and face straight down or up the river and keep your shots low, you'll be fine.

Aren't you the poser who was on here last season bragging how you were setting up close to houses to hunt but you were out of the city limits so that was tough [censored] for the homeowners that live right there? See you are the problem grasshopper...Even though you may have been within the tape measure doesn't mean homeowners won't complain enough for disturbing the peace and get things shut down all together. Now you are on here giving advice. That's funny.

Tell ya what, topwater, I quit hunting the river due to wannabe's like you takin over and thinking you can do what you want. I got a hunsky that says you get popped this season for shooting across the river. I ain't buying that shooting low and within the riverway. You are shooting across and you know it. Just a matter of time before you get popped... I have a friend that lives in the area you are hunting and rest assured the homeowners in that area are gonna shut you down this year.

Okay first of all you a$$ wipe I said I decided it was best not to cause any problems and hunt a different area last year, I said I wanted to hunt that spot but I never did. Second of all how the hell would you know if I'm breaking laws or not? I'm a very responsible hunter and I take great offense to someone telling me otherwise. I'm no liar either, I have never broke a game law and I never will. Idk who you think you are acting like you know me.

#4652086 - 10/11/13 09:02 PM Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Erichugh22]
8pointdrop Online   sleepy
Extreme Tracker

Loc: My favorite place TEXAS
I hunt the river a lot... Give a damn what green pants says, if I don't break any laws he can go pound sand.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© 2004-2014 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide