Forums46
Topics538,003
Posts9,731,673
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered #4586007 09/20/13 04:27 PM
RKHarm24 Offline OP
sergeant
OP Offline
sergeant

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4586140 09/20/13 05:01 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Kind of what some of us have been telling the open carry folks for a while now.......but I have a feeling that won't stop until we also have state law prohibiting open carry.......

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Concho] #4586333 09/20/13 06:07 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Concho
Kind of what some of us have been telling the open carry folks for a while now.......but I have a feeling that won't stop until we also have state law prohibiting open carry.......

When they make enough of the opposition mad enough it will be too late. Personally I think they already have passed the point of no return. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: dogcatcher] #4586689 09/20/13 08:01 PM
O
Octopiston Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
The company's stance came about from events elsewhere. Starbucks stated in an article that "some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction." But thats right, its only the open carrier's fault.
I haven't seen one of these local long gun open carry rallies even mention starbucks. Have you?
Costco did the same thing a few years ago after a chl holder was shot by leo in one of their parking lots. All chl holders should be tarred and feathered!!! Jared's jewelry, CVS, and Chuck E Cheese also doen't want guns in their stores either. Is that due to open carry too?
Honestly, all this hullabaloo tells me that the anti-gun propaganda machine did its job very well.

In other news. Starbucks extended a no smoking zone of 25'. Smokers should be tarred and feathered!

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Octopiston] #4586756 09/20/13 08:22 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Octopiston
The company's stance came about from events elsewhere. Starbucks stated in an article that "some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction." But thats right, its only the open carrier's fault.
I haven't seen one of these local long gun open carry rallies even mention starbucks. Have you?
Costco did the same thing a few years ago after a chl holder was shot by leo in one of their parking lots. All chl holders should be tarred and feathered!!! Jared's jewelry, CVS, and Chuck E Cheese also doen't want guns in their stores either. Is that due to open carry too?
Honestly, all this hullabaloo tells me that the anti-gun propaganda machine did its job very well.

In other news. Starbucks extended a no smoking zone of 25'. Smokers should be tarred and feathered!

clap clap clap

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Octopiston] #4586789 09/20/13 08:37 PM
R
robbf213 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R

I doubt seriously anti-gun groups have done more than the Yoyo's like this to push this new stance.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: robbf213] #4586834 09/20/13 08:53 PM
O
Octopiston Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
According to the article I read (IIRC is was the WSJ) the anti-gun people would even get biligerent with staff, so yes I think beligerent anti-gunners make more of an unfavorable impression than that yoyo posing for his picture. I agree that there is tardedness going on in the open carry camp. Its everywhere now days.

Ya'll should listen to yourselves. You sound subjugated. "Don't piss off the opposition or they'll take away more of our rights." We'd be British and probably stuck on the east coast if our forefather's had that mentality.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Octopiston] #4586842 09/20/13 08:56 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
According to the article I read (IIRC is was the WSJ) the anti-gun people would even get biligerent with staff, so yes I think beligerent anti-gunners make more of an unfavorable impression than that yoyo posing for his picture. I agree that there is tardedness going on in the open carry camp. Its everywhere now days.

Ya'll should listen to yourselves. You sound subjugated. "Don't piss off the opposition or they'll take away more of our rights." We'd be British and probably stuck on the east coast if our forefather's had that mentality.

clap clap clap

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: dogcatcher] #4587031 09/20/13 09:56 PM
F
floresrsr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
That article was very well written and articulated. Well done.

Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.
Ernest Hemingway

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: floresrsr] #4587119 09/20/13 10:29 PM
H
Hunt2Fish Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: floresrsr
That article was very well written and articulated. Well done.

+1

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Hunt2Fish] #4587164 09/20/13 10:49 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
This is like morality, or when is it too cold. Correct answer being "whatever that person says". How much money is enough? Didn't some famous admired person say "any plan is better than no plan at all"?

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Octopiston] #4587943 09/21/13 03:49 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C

Starbucks appreciation day

Starbucks appreciation facebook

Newtown Starbucks Appreciation Day

Ya, I would say I have heard of this...

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: cyphertext] #4587987 09/21/13 04:07 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: cyphertext

Starbucks appreciation day

Starbucks appreciation facebook

Newtown Starbucks Appreciation Day

Ya, I would say I have heard of this...

Half the open carry advocates crowd saying Starbucks sucks, the other half telling Starbucks how much they appreciate their 2ND Amendment support. What a cluster??? rofl rofl rofl rofl

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: dogcatcher] #4588721 09/21/13 03:12 PM
DeRico Offline
Mobius 1
Mobius 1
I feel bad for statbucks. The turf war was brought onto their neutral turf.

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: DeRico] #4589986 09/22/13 02:22 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: DeRico
I feel bad for statbucks. The turf war was brought onto their neutral turf.

The bikers at the Golden Aspen Biker Rally in Ruidoso didn't care either way, Starbucks was packed with motorcycles every time we drove by. up

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: dogcatcher] #4590082 09/22/13 02:50 AM
shooterwalter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
agree that long guns should not be carried in public and that open carry states will soon outlaw same or repeal open carry laws all together and these idiots will make it difficult for more states to approve open carry laws.

www.poetryshootingclub.com

Gun Dog Training, Flighty Quail

Guided/Unguided Quail Hunting

Group Events/Parties

700 Yard Range

CLOSE TO DALLAS

Take a youth shooting

214-728-2755

By appointment always and you shoot in private.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: shooterwalter] #4591493 09/22/13 08:50 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I don't have a crystal ball, but I'll make a prediction anyway. The legislature will pass a law during the next legislative session banning open carry of long guns in public places.
Ironically, the "use it or lose it" crowd will blame those who did not open carry, when in fact it will be those very people who continually shoved their AR's and AK's in everyone's faces who will generate the new law.
Like it or not, people in general don't like seeing perfect strangers walking around in public with rifles strapped to them in the midst of all of the mass shootings and other general craziness going on in this country, especially when it serves no real purpose other than to show everyone they can.
IMO, the argument that we will lose the ability to carry if we don't exercise it holds absolutely no water. It has been legal for many, many years to carry long guns. Until this year, how many people have you ever seen doing this? The answer for most would be "none", yet somehow we haven't lost it yet.

Last edited by grizz; 09/22/13 08:51 PM.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Grizz] #4591540 09/22/13 09:16 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: grizz
... The legislature will pass a law during the next legislative session banning open carry of long guns in public places.....

You must be thinking of a different Texas Legislature!

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: aeb] #4591570 09/22/13 09:28 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: aeb
... The legislature will pass a law during the next legislative session banning open carry of long guns in public places.....

Possibly, but I believe there are enough influential people who will grow tired of seeing Johnny Rambos when they are running their errands that it will happen.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Grizz] #4591690 09/22/13 10:17 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Possibly, but I believe there are enough influential people who will grow tired of seeing Johnny Rambos when they are running their errands that it will happen.

I am afraid you are right.

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Grizz] #4591735 09/22/13 10:38 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A

Possibly, but I believe there are enough influential people...

The people that have influence over the Texas Legislature haven't worried about the needs or desires of the general public for ages. An ugly fact that has been hammered into me many times while wearing out shoe leather in Austin.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: aeb] #4591740 09/22/13 10:40 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Another thought. As the Governor prepares himself for another run for the Presidency, there is no way he would sign any legislation restricting weapons of any form.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: aeb] #4591818 09/22/13 11:13 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Another thought. As the Governor prepares himself for another run for the Presidency, there is no way he would sign any legislation restricting weapons of any form.

Oh my, my.....how naïve to think that old Rick wouldn't sign a law against open carry of AR's and AK's to draw in the independent vote......Finally a candidate that takes the 2nd Amendment and the welfare of the people into consideration......I can see it now.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Concho] #4591863 09/22/13 11:30 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
The Independent Vote does not participate in the Republican presidential candidate selection process.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: aeb] #4592061 09/23/13 12:43 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
The Independent Vote does not participate in the Republican presidential candidate selection process.

Well, I'm sure old Rick expects to make it further than just being in the process......come on man!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide