Forums46
Topics538,361
Posts9,736,285
Members87,083
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: $$$$$$ Hunting Leases $$$$$ ? [Re: Sabrinavonbach] #408064 09/23/08 01:55 AM
Mr. Clean Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Most if not all game laws in this country come from the English Common Law. In this private land ownership is respected, but ECL recongnizes the game as belonging to the king and hence the state. In that the state can put any regulation it so chooses on the landowner with regards to game.

Scattergun...if ya got nothing nice to say...then don't say it!!

NYYANKEE...Welcome! I understand your plight...I grew up in New Mexico and hunted public lands my whole life...however...you will learn to settle into a place of your own here...if not buddy up with one of us and we'll take ya hunting!!

SabrinaVonPITA....I do believe we kicked the British Arse in the late 1700's. I follow no King, nor do I care to...home of the FREE land of the BRAVE...one Nation under God, Etc, Etc, Etc. Lastly, Game here belongs to the hunters whose taxes and license fees pay for it.

Re: $$$$$$ Hunting Leases $$$$$ ? [Re: Mr. Clean] #408065 09/23/08 02:42 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
But the land belongs to the landowners! Will you open your home and let strangers come and go as they see fit? I am sure the answer is no, so the landowners are entitled to the same no trespass rule.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: $$$$$$ Hunting Leases $$$$$ ? [Re: dogcatcher] #408066 09/23/08 02:58 AM
M
MaggieMTx Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Granted SOME have "FORGOTTEN" this is Texas & a Texas hunting forum...but there is NO reason to come over here JUST to stir it up with "opinions" about things elsewhere. YES we are ALL entitled to voice our opinions but (for right now) one is doing it JUST to get a rise out of the rest of us. I would suggest(as I did) to just place that certain someone on ignore & let the "behind the scenes" guys get rid of this person. Im pretty sure someone has already requested their removal. IF not..I VOTE FOR IT!

THANKS!!!

Re: $$$$$$ Hunting Leases $$$$$ ? [Re: Mr. Clean] #408067 09/23/08 09:37 AM
S
Sabrinavonbach Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
First of all I'd appreciate it if you would stop referring to me as SabrinavonPita and follow the rules of this forum about personal attacks. I'm sure you're man enough to do so.
Secondly, what you think may not necessarily be correct and putting funny little Graemlins as a means of giving them credence is foolish. English Common Law (ECL) is the basis of our legal system in the US vs Pluralist systems used in other countries. When the colonists became independent, they kept the English system, they didn't invent another one. By common law wild animals are regarded as "res nullius" and not being the subject of private property till killed or captured. The maxim of common law is that things of which no one can claim as property belong to the crown by perogative, but that the crown can grant prescription (that means license) if it sees fit to do so. This rule was applied in particular to deer and what we now call game. In short, the right to take game does not lie with the owner or occupier of the soil, but with the state by perogative which is called "ratione privillegi." Said laws also determined what constituted tresspass in relationship to the taking of game. In fact, the English Game Act of 1831 became a model of our current Federal System involving the hunting of migratory waterfowl.
Lastly, you might not bow down before a king, but you do bend over and take it by a very strong federal and lesser so state government. If you don't pay your taxes, your property, including your home can and will be seized and you can easily go to jail in the process. The original 13 colonies rebelled for a whole lot less. If you think you're truly free try to leave the country without a passport or get caught taking 10K dollars out and not declaring it. Try hunting without a license (which come from the ECL) and see what happens. In summary, your statement regarding just who owns the game is incorrect.

Re: $$$$$$ Hunting Leases $$$$$ ? [Re: MaggieMTx] #408068 09/23/08 09:47 AM
S
Sabrinavonbach Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
If you haven't noticed Maggie, I came and posted on this thread FIRST and in a respectfull manner. You, however, are stalking me and attempting to create discord about me with your own opinions. I'd written this so the Moderators here will see what you're doing and take appropriate action if it continues.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide