Print Thread
South Texas Hog/Varmint Hunt (Deer Lease Later) #4062267 02/18/13 12:09 PM
F
fegall Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
F
I'm the sole landowner of 2 ranches (600 ac. & 800 ac.), both have nice lodging, electricity, and water. Generally looking for groups who are already familar with each other (i.e., family/friends). In other words, those that enjoy the camp site comradery as much as the hunting experience. I'm not looking to coordinate a large group of strangers on a single outing.

Asking $450/day/person to hunt feral hogs/boars, javelina, and coyotes. NonHunters pay $200/day/person. For these prices, I'm offering sole access of my camp site to your hunting party (i.e., you're really renting the ranch exclusively). Also, note that preference (to a future deer hunt) will be given to those who have booked a hog hunt.

If the pricing is within your budget, then open the attachments to get more details on what I'm offering.

thanks,
fred

Re: South Texas Hog/Varmint Hunt (Deer Lease Later) [Re: fegall] #4062285 02/18/13 12:28 PM
F
fegall Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
F
hmmmmm......, this is frustrating. The FAQs said I could attach documents to my post via a FILE MANAGER, but it never came up???

Anyway, PM me with your email address and I'll send you 5 .pdf documents that contain a detailed description in addition to pics of both ranch sites.

thanks,
fred

Re: South Texas Hog/Varmint Hunt (Deer Lease Later) [Re: fegall] #4062614 02/18/13 03:08 PM
T
TXHunter1218 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
450 a day or the wknd...

Re: South Texas Hog/Varmint Hunt (Deer Lease Later) [Re: TXHunter1218] #4064570 02/19/13 02:28 AM
F
fegall Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
F
450 per day; a standard weekend (Fri noon thru Sun noon) is 2 days, so 900 per person for the weekend. However, I'm looking for groups of 5 or 6 and 3 or more days, since I'm renting the ranch to the group exclusively.

I'd consider other combinations of number of hunters and number of days, but each situation needs to be discussed.

Many individuals will complain about my price but I'm not simply leasing by the day or acre; it's the whole ranch and my camp site. The details are in the documents that I'm trying to attach, but have yet to figure it out. I'll email you the doc's if you give me your address (if you're interested), else, thanks for the question.

fred

Re: South Texas Hog/Varmint Hunt (Deer Lease Later) [Re: fegall] #4064659 02/19/13 02:48 AM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
holy hog hunt batman....better be one hell of a ranch with a full time butler. group of five is a 5000 dollar weekend....wow.

Re: South Texas Hog/Varmint Hunt (Deer Lease Later) [Re: Closed Traverse] #4065070 02/19/13 05:23 AM
F
fegall Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
F
Well, there's a bit of comparing apples to oranges.

I just saw an Outfitter Hog/Varmint Hunt ad for $600 for a weekend (all inclusive packaged hunt) and this was their discounted price. Ok, that's $300/day (I call "FriNoon-SunNoon", 2 days, even thou they call it 2.5 days). So I'm $150/day over them. I have some things, they have some things.

But they don't give you sole access to the entire ranch site nor do they give you control of the hunting schedule. How many times have you read (on this forum alone) the stories of disappointed hunters who paid for a 'hunting package' and were taken to over-hunted ranches. Nor were they allowed to reschedule a free/fairly-discounted hunt due to this poor outcome, or were they allowed extra hunting days as compensation. I have that flexibility, and rarely with packaged hunts, do you deal directly with the landowner, and if so, will you see them after the money is taken?

Yeah, I'm on the high side and it's obvious that you don't value what I offer, but it's not fair to compare my offerings to that of other type of lease that may or may not have electricity and/or water or lodging, not to mention animals. I have recently invested heavily into both camp sites, and construction costs in remote locations are in the stratosphere. Don't even think these hunts are going to recoop those costs.

If you want to shoot lots and lots of hogs & varmints then check out BLACKHOGDOWN777 or FREERORBUST, because based on what I have read, they have awesome offerings. In addition, any other Outfitter (who has good THF ratings) may better serve you.

All said, as a TexasAggie, I'm not opposed to suiting up in a butler's outfit, but no way for a certain UT alumini :-)

However, all said, your comment has merit, and I will entertain a discounted daily rate for larger groups and/or days. Now, if I can just figure out how to get my documents attached, then forum members can see more details. Thanks for the feedback.

fred

Re: South Texas Hog/Varmint Hunt (Deer Lease Later) [Re: fegall] #4081094 02/25/13 02:28 PM
F
fegall Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
F
Bump + Update:

Will be at ranch (no internet access) for the next few weeks, so, if any interest, my cell phone number is in my info/profile, 'peppered' within my location. Else, I'll get back to you when I return to a city.

Please re-read this posting for miscellaneous details. Also, for further reduced pricing, I'm putting together a "last second callout list", for those times I'll be at the ranch anyway (PM me your maximum daily rate and number of hogs you'd like to kill for this price, plus any opinion if hogs don't cooperate). Priority will be based on this and general ease of attitude/personality.

fred

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide