Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: sillyhorses] #4017107 02/02/13 02:35 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Honestly it depends on who it is and what they are doing.
I probably wouldn't report a best friend. I might if he was shooting deer and just leaving them or shooting deer at night. But not if he shot say two ducks and didn't want to clean them and just pitched them, but if I'm there I'd take um.

And that friend WOULD know I was unhappy about his actions and may not hunt with him in the future.

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: sillyhorses] #4017159 02/02/13 02:54 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Funny how some folks want to protect others that kill stuff by 'mistake', or are too ignorant to count but considered good to go shooting a firearm, or pull the trigger when they are unsure of their target.

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: RICK O'SHAY] #4017163 02/02/13 02:55 PM
B
Believer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Let me get this straight.

So we obey the laws we like or deem more important and we give our friends a pass even if they are breaking the law because the friendship is far more important.

Do those same rules apply when someone is breaking into your house or car and the neighbor sees them?

That would make us no better than the people who ignore our Constitution and do what ever it is they like. This is a very slippery slope some of you are walking.

Last edited by Believer; 02/02/13 03:05 PM.

Hogs for a Cause Founder http://www.hogsforacause.org/
NRA Endowment Member
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Believer] #4017195 02/02/13 03:10 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I guess I should be like Believer but I am more in Brandon A's camp on this one.

If we are talking significant and ongoing violations, that's one thing. Minor stuff gets a lecture and maybe alot more, but I'm not calling the law on my friends and family over minor violations. Period.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Believer] #4017248 02/02/13 03:32 PM
J
jruss Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
All I am saying is in my eyes the relationship is greater then the game laws.
I take young men highschool age hunting all the time. We hunt leagal together. But they talk of other hunts that some outlawing go's on if I turn them in how will I ever be able to talk with them about all the crap that go's on in a teenage boys life? Some of y'all have no clue of the crap that is going on in there life. There relationship with the lord is the goal the rest will come together after that. Also you boys that are fast to post shoot the trasspasor on your deer lease I hope to God that some 16 year old boy that made a bad desision but is a good kid don't get killed .

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4017268 02/02/13 03:41 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
I guess I should be like Believer but I am more in Brandon A's camp on this one.

If we are talking significant and ongoing violations, that's one thing. Minor stuff gets a lecture and maybe alot more, but I'm not calling the law on my friends and family over minor violations. Period.

X2

Try to fix the problem without gettin the law involved... whoever would call the law first thing on a family or friend without trying to fix it....well not much of a friend or family imo

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Navasot] #4017311 02/02/13 03:56 PM
S
sillyhorses Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Wow, pretty tough crowd here! Not that I'm a game-hog or have 'wanted' posters hanging at the post office... but I sure wouldn't want to share some of my mistakes from way-y-y-y back with a couple of you guys. I'm guessing more than a few of us could be waking up this morn to a big, tatooed roommate named Bubba wearing a orange jumpsuit. Now that would be a even tougher crowd!

Dryberry was the last lake God created and it took the entire seventh day.
Dryberry Lake Sioux Narrows, Ontario, Canada (a.k.a. Heaven)
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Believer] #4017325 02/02/13 04:00 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: Believer
Let me get this straight.

So we obey the laws we like or deem more important and we give our friends a pass even if they are breaking the law because the friendship is far more important.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT "WE" BUT YES THAT'S WHAT "I" WOULD DO... I ALSO WOULDN'T REPORT A FRIEND FOR SMOKING POT ECT...

Do those same rules apply when someone is breaking into your house or car and the neighbor sees them?

YES IF IT'S THE NEIGHBORS FRIEND IT'S UP TO THE NEIGHBOR HOW HE WANTS TO HANDLE IT,I WOULD HOPE MY NEIGHBORS HAVE INFORMED THEIR FRIENDS THAT "THAT CRACKER'LL SHOOT YA, FOR MESSIN ROUND HIS CRIB"

That would make us no better than the people who ignore our Constitution and do what ever it is they like. This is a very slippery slope some of you are walking.

???? YEAH OKAY... A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN IGNORING THE CONSTITUTION... BUT HEY,I'VE SLIPPED BEFORE

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: jruss] #4017343 02/02/13 04:09 PM
338ultra Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: jruss
I take young men highschool age hunting all the time. We hunt leagal together. But they talk of other hunts that some outlawing go's on if I turn them in how will I ever be able to talk with them about all the crap that go's on in a teenage boys life? Some of y'all have no clue of the crap that is going on in there life. There relationship with the lord is the goal the rest will come together after that. Also you boys that are fast to post shoot the trasspasor on your deer lease I hope to God that some 16 year old boy that made a bad desision but is a good kid don't get killed .

How did turning someone in for game law violations turn into shooting a 16 year old kid?

If someone is shooting deer at night with a spotlight off of a county road and leaving them there to waste, I don't care if its my son, I am turning them in. And if its my son I will be tanning his hide as well.

I accidentally killed a hen turkey that I never saw behind a gobbler one spring when I was a teenager. I turned myself into the game warden and he said thanks for being honest, now go pluck the feathers off of both birds and make sure you eat them. It pays to do things the right way.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/jaschancey/RightSide-1.jpg
See Rule 17: Sig pics to be no more than 600 pixels wide x 125 pixels tall.
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: 338ultra] #4017361 02/02/13 04:13 PM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: 338ultra

How did turning someone in for game law violations turn into shooting a 16 year old kid?

If someone is shooting deer at night with a spotlight off of a county road and leaving them there to waste, I don't care if its my son, I am turning them in. And if its my son I will be tanning his hide as well.

I accidentally killed a hen turkey that I never saw behind a gobbler one spring when I was a teenager. I turned myself into the game warden and he said thanks for being honest, now go pluck the feathers off of both birds and make sure you eat them. It pays to do things the right way.

You call the cops everytime you go over the speed limit?
You call them everytime you dont completely stop at a stop sign?

If not, you must be a saint.

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Closed Traverse] #4017369 02/02/13 04:17 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Brandon A

Saint for sure

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Closed Traverse] #4017407 02/02/13 04:35 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

And some think they walk on water..................... up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: dogcatcher] #4017424 02/02/13 04:41 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: stxranchman] #4017434 02/02/13 04:46 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Man, growing up where I did when I did if I reported everybody I knew for game violations I would never have reached puberty. I'm not proud of that but that's the way it was.....

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4017437 02/02/13 04:47 PM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Man, growing up where I did when I did if I reported everybody I knew for game violations I would never have reached puberty. I'm not proud of that but that's the way it was.....

I bet there is not a man here that has not at least attempted to cap a water turkey or a buzzard.

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Navasot] #4017455 02/02/13 04:53 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Navasot

up
X2

Try to fix the problem without gettin the law involved... whoever would call the law first thing on a family or friend without trying to fix it....well not much of a friend or family imo

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: stxranchman] #4017475 02/02/13 05:00 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Lol

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Navasot] #4017532 02/02/13 05:28 PM
T
TF Panther Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Sooooo......You take your saintly mother who said she wanted to try and kill a buck in her final days..... in a one buck county. It is not a doe day but Saintly mom pops one......a doe. She thought it had horns in her defense. So everyone who says "Does not matter family or no" you would call the GW and turn mom in? She is 78 btw. You drove her truck to the hunt and it was your late fathers trusty .243. Me thinks the "Law and Order " crowd might take a different turn.

So you guys who say "no matter what" what say you now?

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: BOONER] #4017570 02/02/13 05:42 PM
Jon Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
This thread really makes me wonder how it's going to be a few years down the road if the gun grabbers get their way.
"Law is the law and it says you're not supposed to hunt with that rifle or even be in possession of it because when your daddy died it became illegal to own and was supposed to have been destroyed! Hellyeah I'm reporting them - friends, family, or strangers, it don't matter to me, they're breaking the law by hunting with that rifle!"

I know it's not the same thing and this thread is about current game violations and not (future) gun violations, but it still makes me wonder about "friends"...

Sadly, i think that answer has already been written.

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Jon] #4017664 02/02/13 06:19 PM
S
splash556 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Anybody ever been hungry and took a fish that was outside of slot limit? Or lobster out of season? I mean really hungry? Hadn't eaten in 2 days hungry? I know someone who did it in their youth. More than once. Nice guy and I wouldn't turn him in. He wasn't asking for a handout, couldn't get government assistance because of B.S. regs. While others were driving up to food stamp office in cars he was turned down after walking there because didn't have money for gas.

To me there are some circumstances where the law doesn't fit.

[Linked Image]
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Closed Traverse] #4018161 02/02/13 11:02 PM
338ultra Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

C'mon man.... Seriously???? I never speed and I never run stop signs. Do I need to post the pictures of the halo over my head?

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: 338ultra] #4018575 02/03/13 01:44 AM
S
Stickchunker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
So, say you have a guy in your camp, and he shots a deer that doesn't meet AR's by one half of an inch, would you call the GW on them?

In these times , 'I'll keep my God , my freedom , my gun and my money. Anyone that supports this insanity can keep "THE CHANGE".
Re: GAME Thief! [Re: Stickchunker] #4018800 02/03/13 03:34 AM
338ultra Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
No I wouldn't, but if he shot 4 of them or left one laying yes I would. If he shot it from a public road or across the fence on the neighbors yes I would.

The way I interpreted what the op is that the guy is blatant and he doesn't care. If they break the law on accident and that said being law is like shooting a little bit to narrow buck or shot it 1 minute before legal shooting hours because his watch was fast, I'm not going to hang a guy. Mistakes are different, intentionally breaking the law and disregard for the species and the laws that protect them, I have no use for that.

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: 338ultra] #4019029 02/03/13 04:59 AM
B
bjankowski Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
There are some folks I don't hunt with anymore because of their hunting ethics, or lackthereof.

Re: GAME Thief! [Re: sillyhorses] #4020182 02/03/13 07:58 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: sillyhorses
SO... You know of someone who is busting the hunting laws, and doing it in the open. Do YOU report the guy, or do you turn your head and keep your mouth shut??? Let's hear your personal opinions... and be truthful!
it depends on which law I'm breaking, but usually I can talk myself out of contacting he authorities...

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide