Page 1 of 2 1 2
info on hunting clubs in texas #3841052 12/12/12 07:58 PM
T
txhunter08 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
planning on getting on one of the big east texas hunting clubs and wanted some feed back looking at 3 point, camden ,buckdady and bear creek. figured somebody on the forum was a member of one of them and could tell me anout it thanks

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: txhunter08] #3843761 12/13/12 03:48 PM
T
txhunter08 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
nobody?

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: txhunter08] #3843811 12/13/12 04:05 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
Might find someone.. but hunt clubs in general tend to be very hit or miss. Many are over hunted or poorly managed. Be very careful and talk to current members, not guy's selling the spots. Most guy's on this forum opt for traditional hunting leases, or own their own land.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: dkershen] #3843836 12/13/12 04:17 PM
T
txhunter08 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
yea these were a few clubs i checked out and figured somebody on the fourm would be apart of them and could give me some info. I would love to buy but in the military and wife finishing up school gonna have to wait a few more years. I could probly get a small tract 30 or lesss but id rather wait and get this last year and half of my wifes school and get her career started and buy 100 plus acres

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Might find someone.. but hunt clubs in general tend to be very hit or miss. Many are over hunted or poorly managed. Be very careful and talk to current members, not guy's selling the spots. Most guy's on this forum opt for traditional hunting leases, or own their own land.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: txhunter08] #3844506 12/13/12 07:30 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: txhunter08
planning on getting on one of the big east texas hunting clubs and wanted some feed back looking at 3 point, camden ,buckdady and bear creek. figured somebody on the forum was a member of one of them and could tell me anout it thanks

here's the rundown on the rumors

Camden.. lots of back roads, ungated that put ppl out at the beer joints in 7oaks. Property tends to walk off (article in the paper about 4wheelers being stolen in the last year or so)

3 point- not much info on there, but don't recall hearing of big deer coming from it.

Bear creek - beer lease sitting right at 83 & 96..camp seen from the rd looks like a party pad on the weekends.

Buckdaddy - haven;t heard anything good and recreational memberships to ride 4wheelers and such puts ppl on the properties all summer for stuff to go missing.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: rifleman] #3844524 12/13/12 07:34 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
around April, look at the weyehaueser website and they'll have 100-300 acre tracts for lease out in that area around Pineland.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: rifleman] #3845473 12/13/12 11:41 PM
T
txhunter08 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
well said

Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: txhunter08

here's the rundown on the rumors

Camden.. lots of back roads, ungated that put ppl out at the beer joints in 7oaks. Property tends to walk off (article in the paper about 4wheelers being stolen in the last year or so)

3 point- not much info on there, but don't recall hearing of big deer coming from it.

Bear creek - beer lease sitting right at 83 & 96..camp seen from the rd looks like a party pad on the weekends.

Buckdaddy - haven;t heard anything good and recreational memberships to ride 4wheelers and such puts ppl on the properties all summer for stuff to go missing.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: txhunter08] #3845920 12/14/12 01:35 AM
2good2Btru Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I hunted 3 point last year. Very good setup. With that said, it's east Texas. I was very busy working last year so was not able to setup my blind and feeders until mid sept. Went out during deer season 7 weekends. It's an MLD so I went mid Oct. Only saw a button buck and a small 4 does. Had plenty of deer on my game cams but they just never showed when I was there. Now, my last weekend weekend was end of December and they had already taken about 15 bucks and 11 does. It's about 6700 acres. Hope this helps.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: 2good2Btru] #3926501 01/07/13 09:35 PM
P
Primer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
East Texas Rumor mill amongst us is-

Bear creek-great lease, lots of locals, few ever leave and been there 20 years or more and is the best lease of all them you listed from my understanding around town. wink

3 Point Hunting lease-never hear much about them but they have real nice bucks on their website.

Buck daddy- don't get me started. No no no no no no no! Rumors ain't never good coming out of there. I don't want to repeat them because they might not be true. I hear a man and wife runs that one and the wife used to be a lawyer or a paralegal. Don't knows, but I sure ain't gonna spread no rumors.

So Bear creek it is!

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: Primer] #3927869 01/08/13 02:49 AM
T
Texas Turkey Hunter DFW Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Stay away from the "No Guarantees Hunting Club" out of Patroon Bayou in East Texas! I hunted with them years ago and it was a total rip off! if your a newbie they assign you the WORST blind on the place and you have NO say! they had 6 community blinds that anyone could hunt but the club feeders were ALWAYS empty! They promised electricity & water and they didn't have either! all we had was a porta jon out front that was never serviced! the lease was 90% leased pine timber and was terrible deer habitat. No wild turkeys and the locals all ran HOG dogs on everyone's property! I was attacked by a pack of 6 dogs and had to kill 3 of them!

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW] #3927891 01/08/13 02:54 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
These things always sounded shady to me, low cost, lots of hunters = lots of problems...

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: DQ Kid] #3927972 01/08/13 03:10 AM
T
txhunter08 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
good info i guess there club names says it all lol! im thinking about trying to get a group of guys together with the same mind set as me and waiting till all the timber company land comes up. I found 2 awesome places last year there was perfect just couldnt find enough guess in a short amount of time so if anybody interested in doing this send me a pm in what your looking for thanks

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: txhunter08] #3937790 01/10/13 06:07 PM
P
Primer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
I don't mean to insult ya now, but you be city folk if you say no deer in the pines? Where you think you're hunting?

You city folk think you can walk right in the woods and take a deer. That's all kinds of funny.

If anyone guarantees you a deer in the Pineywoods they lie. So at least the club is telling you the truth in their name right off the bat and you mad?

Stands ain't bad hunters are if they expecting to not work for a deer. You put me anywhere and I'm going to get me a deer on my food plot.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: Primer] #3939761 01/11/13 02:58 AM
T
TxDispatcher Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
confused2 I couldn't even understand that ^^^

Originally Posted by East...
Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit

You shouldnt have said that
Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: 2good2Btru] #3939925 01/11/13 03:30 AM
F
FordEvangelist Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
I hunted 3 Point several years ago... bleah. Nice property and the people were nice but just not that many deer for the size of it and they were packing hunters in tight there. We had about 70 hunters I think the year I was there. I don't know the deer count then but I'm sure it was way below 50% success rate for members. ...but I doubt it's any different than those other hunting clubs. They do shoot 2 or 3 nice deer each year I think but when you have that many members and that much acreage it doesn't really mean much to me.

Originally Posted By: 2good2Btru
I hunted 3 point last year. Very good setup. With that said, it's east Texas. I was very busy working last year so was not able to setup my blind and feeders until mid sept. Went out during deer season 7 weekends. It's an MLD so I went mid Oct. Only saw a button buck and a small 4 does. Had plenty of deer on my game cams but they just never showed when I was there. Now, my last weekend weekend was end of December and they had already taken about 15 bucks and 11 does. It's about 6700 acres. Hope this helps.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: FordEvangelist] #3941414 01/11/13 05:25 PM
P
Primer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
They on Timber property? They got deer! We have more members than that and only a few of us hunts and shows up so we okay we all those missin folks. . If that 3 Point got that many bucks they kicked our butts by far this year. Where are they located exactly by chance I ask around? Only a few of us know hows to hunt East Texas and we all got deer but when you add people's that's aints ever there i guess we would look bad on a lie too.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: Primer] #3942390 01/11/13 10:38 PM
S
statesman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
What?? wtf

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: Primer] #3942478 01/11/13 11:12 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Primer
They on Timber property? They got deer! We have more members than that and only a few of us hunts and shows up so we okay we all those missin folks. . If that 3 Point got that many bucks they kicked our butts by far this year. Where are they located exactly by chance I ask around? Only a few of us know hows to hunt East Texas and we all got deer but when you add people's that's aints ever there i guess we would look bad on a lie too.

i love the thf

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: jshouse] #3943353 01/12/13 04:33 AM
T
txhunter08 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
earl dibbles jr right thur

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: txhunter08] #4107730 03/08/13 02:01 AM
C
Crawdaddct Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I hunt Buckdaddy's. Love it. Lot of good people out there and they enforce the rules. East Texas deer take a lot of work. I put in a lot of hours and got mine last year. If you want to walk out one day and kill a deer, its not for you. If you want a place you can go hiking, camping, and hunting at, then these clubs are not bad. You get access to a lot of land. I hunt deer, but also take the kids hog, squirrel,and rabbit hunting. Its a blast.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: Crawdaddct] #4108487 03/08/13 02:10 PM
R
RanchoStarvo Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Bring back Primer!

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: RanchoStarvo] #4108635 03/08/13 03:04 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
IMO, hunt clubs are very, very bad for Texas hunting. These clubs single handedly nearly decimated some of the native deer herds in deep South Texas during the early 1970s. They way over hunted/over harvested the area. One of the largest being called the Sportsman Club. Leased a ton of land and shot the hell out of it.

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: Primer] #4109163 03/08/13 06:47 PM
P
Pope&Young Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I don't mean to insult ya now, but you be city folk if you say no deer in the pines? Where you think you're hunting?

You city folk think you can walk right in the woods and take a deer. That's all kinds of funny.

If anyone guarantees you a deer in the Pineywoods they lie. So at least the club is telling you the truth in their name right off the bat and you mad?

Stands ain't bad hunters are if they expecting to not work for a deer. You put me anywhere and I'm going to get me a deer on my food plot.

Primer... No disrespect sir but now I'm even more confused about East Texas hunting clubs!!!

[Linked Image]
Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: Pope&Young] #4109307 03/08/13 08:16 PM
H
Hawkin' Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Actually joined 3 point this year. Alot of land, and alot of hunter...I think around 75 members. It's got a huge camp area, where it appears that maybe 2 dozen members have trailers and/or campers there for the whole season. Water and power are available, as well as rental cabins...3 total. I went and scouted it last weekend...some good areas, and some others that I didn't think were that good. There are about a dozen club stands, and membes who have been there more than a year get a private stand as well. The ones that I saw were in better hunting areas, but I guess thats supposed to be expected. The folks that I met were nice, and I know going in that this is not a place that if I don't put the hours in, I won't get my deer. Seems to be managed well though. They have a solid rules set on what can be taken, and when. I actuall emailed them ten or so questions on Monday because I don't want to step on any toes, and I wanted to make sure that I am allowed to do certain things out there, but I have nto gotta any responses to those questions yet.

S~

Re: info on hunting clubs in texas [Re: Pope&Young] #4152851 03/28/13 10:50 PM
P
Primer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
Originally Posted By: Pope&Young

Primer... No disrespect sir but now I'm even more confused about East Texas hunting clubs!!!

You might not ought to be hunting East Texas if you be confused now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide