Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. #3179620 04/23/12 10:05 PM
Curtis Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Fortunately I bought this at Academy and they are taking it back.

The chair is a good idea, but I should have just been more careful about buying the product. Made in China and missing parts and parts that have pre-drilled holes that don't match up. I took it back and the store clerk opened up another one and it too was missing the same stuff and had the same problem. They gave me my money back and were easy to deal with. Thanks to Academy for helping me out with the good customer service!

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: Curtis] #3179626 04/23/12 10:08 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Academy is good about that

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: kmon11] #3180587 04/24/12 04:32 AM
mulie_mike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Got to love Academy, no questions asked return policy.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: mulie_mike] #3180637 04/24/12 05:26 AM
B
blancobuster Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: mulie_mike

yep, game winner stuff is real hit or miss, I got lucky with the pack I bought from them

Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: mulie_mike] #3180705 04/24/12 11:02 AM
K
kamolaw Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: mulie_mike
I agree except on firearms, bows, crossbows...they will not take a return. Had a bad crossbow and had to send it back to the manufacturer who fixed the problem no questions asked. Bought a Game Winner low profile turkey hunting chair that I am very pleased with at a good price.

I dont shoot innocent animals...only the ones that bare thier teeth at me... Semper Fi
Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: kamolaw] #3180938 04/24/12 01:35 PM
Curtis Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
For $5 more I'm going to just buy an office chair from Office Depot or somewhere and use it in the ground blind. A lot more comfortable but it will be harder to transport. It just has to be out there for a few days in a ground blind anyway and then just take them back and store them in the lodge.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
Bow hunters welcome!

Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: Curtis] #3180957 04/24/12 01:40 PM
F
FoxTrot Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I like Academy but I HATE the Gamewinner brand. Please, anyone come look through my stuff, I promise there is not one single gameloser item in my house. It is a horrible knockoff. I promise if a fella spends a few extra dollars on the name brand equivalent, it iwll last much longer and be a lot more durable.

Originally Posted By: Chief Joe
I avoid Dick's and hope they fold.
Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: Curtis] #3181714 04/24/12 07:24 PM
T
T4PL Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: Curtis
Fortunately I bought this at Academy and they are taking it back.

The chair is a good idea, but I should have just been more careful about buying the product. Made in China and missing parts and parts that have pre-drilled holes that don't match up. I took it back and the store clerk opened up another one and it too was missing the same stuff and had the same problem. They gave me my money back and were easy to deal with. Thanks to Academy for helping me out with the good customer service!

Bought that same chair last year and had exactly the same problems you described. I even returned the first one in exchange for another. Same problems. Academy took them back, no questions asked.

Class of 2003
Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: Curtis] #3182835 04/25/12 04:07 AM
G
Gacman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Curtis
For $5 more I'm going to just buy an office chair from Office Depot or somewhere and use it in the ground blind. A lot more comfortable but it will be harder to transport. It just has to be out there for a few days in a ground blind anyway and then just take them back and store them in the lodge.

That's a good idea with the office depot chair. Most Gamewinner stuff IS NOT BAD, but it is basically the cheapest hunting stuff on the market so I figure don't complain. (unless there is reason to like in the OP's case) cause you know what you're buying. You all know the rhyme, you get what you pay for.

A lot of comparable game winner gear can be found at REI or Whole Earth Provisions. It won't be camo but serves the same purpose. It's priced significantly higher, cause it's not the cheapest gear on the market.

I have some game winner gear. It serves it's purpose for me. yes I love Academy, been shopping there all my life. But I tell you what if Academy did not have the great return policy it does have, I would be one of the first in line to roast them like a stuck duck. I've spent gobs of money there over the years. GOBS! Their gamewinner gear fills a space many are happy for including me. If they don't return something of theirs they should (which I doubt would happen) take it to management and I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Thank you Academy Sports and Outdoors for all the years of great products and great service. (you owe me for the plug) j/k

Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: Gacman] #3182979 04/25/12 06:14 AM
H
HornSlayer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Blynd all weather swivel chairs are rock solid. I think they are made in San Antonio?

They make ammo specifically for hunting for a reason! nidea
Re: Game Winner - swivel blind chair - bad buy. [Re: HornSlayer] #3183568 04/25/12 02:55 PM
Curtis Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Blynd chairs....not familiar with them but will check them out. Thanks!

gacman....

Yeah, if an Academy was closer to me I would use them even more often. One of those few good things I miss from the city. smile Plenty of times I have bought my shoes and clothing at their store. Since there is not one near me..I have to resort to the nearest TSC store for the clothing. But given the chance when I drive by and see an Academny...its hard to not want to pull in and take a walk through.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
Bow hunters welcome!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide