Page 1 of 2 1 2
Addax & Scimitar #2922814 01/12/12 12:50 PM
K
Kimber1911 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
All I hear is every wants a great deal! Or not even a dea just wantl a steal! You know some of this stuff makes me sick you know both are great table fair and make awesome mounts. The lowest ill go on scimitar is $1,000-$2,500 I still sell them all day long at this price. My Addax hunts start $1,900 still shoot them all day long. Hell I would rather shoot them all myself and eat them as well as look at them on my wall. Or let my friends and family shoot them before basically giving them away. Hell just have a sustainable herd and get the cities permits for them. I know allot of people are dumping them right now. Hell I might go shoot someone else's Scimitar or Addax if I get bored since theirs are so cheap rather then shoot mine. (My main purpose of this is shows allot of disrespect to the ranches & Outfitters saying you want a steal not a deal.) Well why don't you come to work for me for a steal of an hourly wage? Maybe I am speaking out loud when I shouldn't be but I mean hell seams like that's all you see these days.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Kimber1911] #2922824 01/12/12 12:58 PM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
The experience makes the deal(not price) and the personel deal makes it a steal for me! That make sense?A good time and something different is important as price or more. cheers I look for my own feelings not someone else's good price

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Kimber1911] #2922825 01/12/12 01:00 PM
H
huntnguide83 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I feel your pain bud. We aren't making any money off our oryx hunts right now. Basically 3-4 years of feeding them is going down the drain. I know my family and friends will be shooting what ever we have left come the last week before D-day.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: huntnguide83] #2922844 01/12/12 01:09 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
popcorn

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: BMD] #2922868 01/12/12 01:29 PM
R
Run N Shoot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
This is what makes the free market great. Even though I am not in the ranching business I understand where you are coming from but on the flip side the consumer sees this as an opportunity to get something "on sale" or now be able to afford a hunt they may not have otherwise been able to go on. Again, the nice thing is if no one is willing to meet that price the consumer must increase what he is willing to pay or just go without.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Run N Shoot] #2922896 01/12/12 01:44 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
There is not a damn thing nice about this deal. The scimitar, addax and dama gazelle are getting royally screwed! A lot of rancher have no choice and I understand that. We are still on the fence about getting the permits and I'm still leaning towards getting them. I'm fully aware of the permit process, what it takes to do it, and what to expect and I don't like any of it, but it may be necessary. It a real shame this has to happen this way. We started out with only 6 and had a heard of nearly 40 of these fantastic animals. Breeding and bringing in a new bull now and then but mostly our herd grew to that number in a very short time on its own with our management. We didn't just keep buying and buying and stocking to them those numbers! Hard work and carefull attention to what those animals needed is now shot down the drain because of stupid legislation! They have been easy to raise and manage and there is no good reason that this should be happening other that USFW and stupid anti hunters don't really give a real care about these animals at all!

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Run N Shoot] #2922920 01/12/12 01:52 PM
T
Trozacky Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I guess it was just a matter of time before we got back into this again. I agree it sucks for you guys but to say its disrespect is wrong. Come work for you for hourly wage? Dude if you want to hold onto you animals and get nothing more power to you. Should I cry that my stocks fell last year and are not worth what they used to be? A few months ago I posted looking for hunts at 1200 you went all postal and now I'm booking a hunt for 800. So you can wine and cry but its not going to help. Don't get mad at me because I can find a deal. If you don't like it get another job but don't say people are disrespectful that's just petty. They are your aniamals and I dont care what you do with them but quit crying about the hunter its not our fault the law passed.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Trozacky] #2922959 01/12/12 02:03 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Yea Robert this is over the top even for you come work for you. You are hurting your business on here anyways with that smart azz attitude of yours just sayin...

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Kimber1911] #2922960 01/12/12 02:03 PM
A
AntiMyth Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
A
@Robert Stuart: We all feel your pain man. This is just a terrible situation and gross misapplication of government. I'm frustrated as a consumer and I can only imagine what you must be going through as business. I think, though, that your anger at the consumer is slightly misplaced. As a consumer, we always want the very best price for a given product, the product in this case being not only the animal but the people involved, the experience etc. What if you needed a new truck and the government passed a new law saying all dealerships had to liquidate your favorite model within a month or pay a fine. Wouldn't you be down there looking for a great deal? Here's the issue; if you can afford to either kill your herd for meat or give it to your friends, that's freaking amazing and you are truly a blessed man. But what if some rancher needs all the money he can get to pay the mortgage on his ranch or to pay his kid's tuition this semester? He's got money in those animals and there's no way he can afford to do what you intend to do. If he's got 10 left, it's just economics that he has to lower the price to insure that he can liquidate before April 4th. So he has a need. Now it might not occur to exotic species ranchers or well-to-do hunters but there are throngs of hard working hunters out there that would NEVER be able to spend $3000 to go hunt 1 animal that they would love to hunt. They have a need. So when the economics of the situation drive that price point further down the demand curve, those two people meet and each helps the other. It's a win-win. Granted, not a big win, but the rancher gets at least some money for his inventory instead of eating it, no pun intended, and the hunter gets to hunt. I realize it's not what the rancher had in mind when he chose to raise the animal and that just sucks.

Man I am so sorry for the position the government has put your in. It's a travesty in my opinion. Please don't be mad at me as a hunter for looking for basement prices though. That's only natural. I hope everything works out for you and all the ranches affected by this terrible situation.

Hunters, let's all pray for these guys; some of them have quite a lot to lose here and are starting to feel it.

thx

Last edited by AntiMyth; 01/12/12 02:05 PM.

• Steyr AUG A3 CQC
  • .308 Steyr Pro Hunter camo
  • 12 ga Benelli Nova
  • 7.62x39 SKS
  • Kimber .45 Ultra Carry II
  • .40 Glock G27
  • 9mm HK P30
  • 2 .380 Sig Sauer P238s
Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: RLoving1] #2922978 01/12/12 02:09 PM
R
RodinaRanč Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted By: RLoving1
The experience makes the deal(not price) and the personel deal makes it a steal for me! That make sense?A good time and something different is important as price or more. cheers I look for my own feelings not someone else's good price

Nail meet head. There is more to cost/satisfaction than the price one pays for anything (I too know this, I just don't always adhere to what I know); hunting is no different. I'm anxious to hear back from the folks booking the "fire sale" hunts about the level of service they received (as well as the photos), when compared to other hunts they've been on that weren't deeply discounted. I strongly suspect, in some cases, price is not the only thing being compromised.

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 01/12/12 02:12 PM.

RodinaRanc,LLC
huntinfo@rodinahunts.com
Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: AntiMyth] #2922989 01/12/12 02:11 PM
K
Kimber1911 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
I know it's not the hunters fault that it passed by all means not blaming the hunter. But it's the guys that call and try to jew you down even more.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Kimber1911] #2922996 01/12/12 02:14 PM
R
RodinaRanč Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Robert, it's business, not personal. Kindly refer folks elsewhere if you're not interested to booking them. I don't see this thread helping you in any way, shape, form.....

RodinaRanc,LLC
huntinfo@rodinahunts.com
Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Kimber1911] #2922998 01/12/12 02:14 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Guess you pay sticker for a truck. Everyone haggles part of doing business.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: BMD] #2923012 01/12/12 02:18 PM
K
Kimber1911 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: BMD
Yea Robert this is over the top even for you come work for you. You are hurting your business on here anyways with that smart azz attitude of yours just sayin...
Well I simply spoke the truth. I take damn good care of all my clients. But it's true us outfitters and people trying to make a living and people try to talk you down on pricing even more. We are feeding $30,000-$50,000 a month depending on how many days are freezing we put out extra feed. So say your a self contractor and pay for all the supplies yourself and I say no I want lower rates. Just saying flip it around to our point of view. Thanks

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: BMD] #2923028 01/12/12 02:22 PM
T
Trozacky Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
The service of an outfitter or doesnt necessarly reflect the price either. Best hunt Ive been on was a 31" Axis with 14" brows and it was only 1200 at the Galle Ranch. They were the nicest guys and put us on great animals. Outfitters laughed and said I couldnt find ahunt for that price. $1800 is what other were charging. I should say its disrespectful to the hunter for Outfitters to cry about us looking for the best deal. I quess its not disrespectful to insult and talk down to a consumer?

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Trozacky] #2923035 01/12/12 02:25 PM
B
Black02z28 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
As a business person I can somewhat understand both sides of the argument, BUT, what makes more sense is trying to recoup SOME bit of cash from them before "D-Day" To say you would rather shoot them all yourself doesn’t make any sense from a business aspect.

I understand that ranch owners put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into their work and a lot of times it turns into a emmtional descion making process when it should be about doing whats best for the business.

The descion by the USFWS is dumb and I know a lot of ranches are going to be hurt by this and it sucks to see this topic even come up frown

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Black02z28] #2923053 01/12/12 02:30 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Dude then they can find another contractor. Sell yours at what you want, but you can't expect them to not shop and figure out the best price for what they want. Your immaturity is showing bad on this, don't want sell don't, can't blame em for asking!

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: BMD] #2923149 01/12/12 02:58 PM
R
Run N Shoot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Robert, I think everyone understands what you are saying and knows that you are frustrated by some people looking for a "steal" on the pricing. Everyone of us, in some form or fashion faces this situation daily and have to make decisions based on what is best for our respective business. I am no way trying to lecture you or tell you your business but I think the way this thread started and the strong stance you taking may be costing you money in the long run. If someone is on the fence about booking a hunt and saw this they may come away with a bad feeling.
You can take this for what it is worth, maybe something maybe nothing but hopefully you realize some people are in fact trying to help you.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Run N Shoot] #2923175 01/12/12 03:05 PM
JakeinTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I look for deals all the time, we all do! If you can afford to let friends/fmily shoot them great. but if permitting becomes difficult, and you were spending large amounts on feed why not recoup some of your funds instead of none of your funds. Yes, the ranchers are loosing and so are the animals. This is a BAD decision all the way around. Your a business person and you should be looking at protecting your brand. If someone tries to strike a bargin, you have the ultimate power to say yes or no. It is business, and if someone wants a barebones hunt vs an experience why is that wrong?

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: BMD] #2923178 01/12/12 03:06 PM
K
Kimber1911 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Immaturity? Ok bud that's why other people on here ask me for my advice? Guess everyone wants advice from immature person. Anyways i am not saying shopping is a bad thing at all. But people that show up an hunt and try to Jew you down more. I have had hunters tell me their coming hunting and they are gonna pay this cuz they seen it priced for that before. I see people lowering scimitar price's allot then some one is still trying to get a better deal. That's what I am saying.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Run N Shoot] #2923204 01/12/12 03:13 PM
K
Kimber1911 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Run N Shoot
Robert, I think everyone understands what you are saying and knows that you are frustrated by some people looking for a "steal" on the pricing. Everyone of us, in some form or fashion faces this situation daily and have to make decisions based on what is best for our respective business. I am no way trying to lecture you or tell you your business but I think the way this thread started and the strong stance you taking may be costing you money in the long run. If someone is on the fence about booking a hunt and saw this they may come away with a bad feeling.
You can take this for what it is worth, maybe something maybe nothing but hopefully you realize some people are in fact trying to help you.
Originally Posted By: Run N Shoot
Well I understand what u are saying bud and thanks for your input.. My family has been in this business since the 1930's if we've been around this long we must be doing something right. I donate tons of hunts to every charity out there. This past year did $100,000 plus pf donations just to wounded warrior project.. So if people want to know what kind of people we are here you. Ask everyone that's been hunting with me I take care of them. I honestly ain't got much bite off the hunting forum which is fine I like looking and reading stuff on here and sharing pics with everyone.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: mulie_mike] #2923296 01/12/12 03:36 PM
K
Kimber1911 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Well filmed a few hunting shows with them too some from the summer have aired already. But yeah when you cover their animals,taxidermy,processing and fly some of them down here plus pay my guides and cooks. Or pay the other ranches where we take them too. So it adds up really quick.

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Kimber1911] #2923302 01/12/12 03:37 PM
K
Kimber1911 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Really who have I called that I don't know what I was doing? This is funny here

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Kimber1911] #2923316 01/12/12 03:40 PM
K
Kimber1911 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Mike think your highly mistaken. One guy went to you for an aoudad hunt. Cuz I couldn't offer him free range as he really wanted I would love for you to please tell me who I messed up with?

Re: Addax & Scimitar [Re: Kimber1911] #2923324 01/12/12 03:43 PM
mulie_mike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I am on the road driving, going to lose service but will get back with you in a cpl days when I am back on a computer.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide