Print Thread
125lb Boar - Kent Outdoors #2345041 06/01/11 03:39 PM
H
High Country Archer Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
H
Went out last night with J.J. of Kent Outdoors to do some pig hunting and dropped a 125lb boar. J.J. put me in one of his favorite stands (awesome set up) and just before dark they started pouring in. Had 11 shoats at the pig pipe which was approximately 30 yards away and watched/video for five minutes and was trying to decide which one most deserved an arrow when I looked up at the feeder 125 yards away and saw the big boys had come for dinner. Change of plans!!! Set down my bow and picked up the 270. My light was just not strong enough at that yardage to feel comfortable taking a shot but ten minutes later had two pigs break off from the group and started heading for the pig pipe. The second one was big but this one stopped 40 yards away and since I lost sight of the other one, I fed this one a lead sandwich. rifle Dropped in its track (and on a fire ant mound - dang the luck) and then pigs were running everywhere. I could not believe the number of pigs on this property.

If you are looking for a great hunt with plenty of pigs, I would strongly recommend that you book with J.J./Kent Outdoors. I had such a good time and saw plenty of game (2nd batch came in about 10:30 but that is another story). J.J. is a great guy who works extremely hard to put you on pigs. I am going back before it get's hot (too late) to let my 16yo son hopefully drop a pig.

Sorry about not including a picture but still trying to figure out how to add from photobucket and I'm too tired after getting home at 4:00am. coffee Well, time to get back to work. Nevermind, I'm going to take a nap.

Ron

If you ain't hunting, you ain't living right.
Re: 125lb Boar - Kent Outdoors [Re: High Country Archer] #2345142 06/01/11 04:49 PM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
This is Ron's hog on the rope and the sow I shot below it.. J.J. has some better pics that I'm sure he'll post later.. Hey Ron, can't thank you enough for the 2:00am lesson on how to clean a hog quickly! You have impressive late night knife skills man! Let me know the next time you go and we'll chase those hybrids on Lewisville!

As for his operation, guys if you haven't hunted with J.J. you really need to get up there and see it for yourself.. What sets him apart from the other outfitters is his level of customer service.. J.J. knows how to make you feel welcome from the moment you meet him.. His goal is to provide you the best opportunity for a successful hunt, whether its a January waterfowl hunt or an early summer "swine-recon mission"! He has literally dozens of options when it comes to huntable properties (as opposed to "the other guys" who might have a few hundred acres 'out back' for you to hunt) that are spread out across most of the county.. He gets reports daily from the guys in the field on the pigs recent activity which allow him to put you in the best location for a kill.. (I had no less than 40 "options" to choose from last night..)

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend J.J. to anyone looking for a hunt.. Look forward to doing it again soon!

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Re: 125lb Boar - Kent Outdoors [Re: T Bone] #2345222 06/01/11 05:42 PM
Z
ZenArchery Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Z
LAST NIGHT WAS A BLAST!!!! Filming T-Bone (Travis) Hunt has to be one of the highlights of my year. When those 40+ hogs came running in he had the biggest smile on his face. I don't get the shakes much but I seeing all those dang pigs had me wiggling in the tree. I just hope the video is able to come out!!!!!

Ron I wish I coulda been filming you too. With all those shot opportunities you had and trying decide what weapon to use would have been hilarious to film.

WAKE UP J.J. and post some DEAD PIGS PICS!!!!

Re: 125lb Boar - Kent Outdoors [Re: T Bone] #2345224 06/01/11 05:43 PM
H
High Country Archer Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
H
T Bone - Thanks for posting the picture and it was great meeting you last night. As for the knife skills, I'm just thankful I didn't cut you, Ed or myself in the process. I may not be able to rip a man's heart out with my Karate skills but I can go get the Tenderloins out of an un-gutted pig (a lot less messy).

I'm glad you said something about chasing the hybrids on LL because this hog hunting is so addicting that I was worried I would decide to sell my bass boat and gear and "just" pig hunt. loco I guess I need to keep it now. woot We will go for sure. PM your contact info to me.

And I couldn't agree more with you about J.J.'s operations. First Class. up That was my second time and the hunters were all real nice and I attribute it to how comfortable J.J. and Ed makes everyone feel.

Now back to my nap. sleep2

Ron

If you ain't hunting, you ain't living right.
Re: 125lb Boar - Kent Outdoors [Re: ZenArchery] #2345328 06/01/11 06:49 PM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: ZenArchery
WAKE UP J.J. and post some DEAD PIGS PICS!!!!

Wakey, Wakey J.J.! Your drive home was shorter than the rest of us!!

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Re: 125lb Boar - Kent Outdoors [Re: T Bone] #2345633 06/01/11 09:26 PM
Z
ZenArchery Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Z

TBone Travis waiting for the hog train to show up!
Took this real quickly with my I-Phone surprised at how well it turned out!!!

Re: 125lb Boar - Kent Outdoors [Re: ZenArchery] #2346171 06/02/11 02:15 AM
W
WhiskeyandMe Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Ya'll I had a "GREAT" time!!!

I love it when everyone has a smile on their face we they show up and when they leave!

I am glad just about everyone had the opportunity to shoot a pig or 10... grin

I am going to let them rest a bit and I will try to put on another big hunt sometime in the next month or so!

Ron, can't wait to get you and your boy up here!

Travis, you know Mindy gonna need to get here some! smile

Thanks again for coming up ya'll...

J.J.

Here are the pic's:

Looking for a Deer, Dove, Duck, Crow, Goose, Hog, or Turkey Hunt? Check us out! www.kentoutdoors.com

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide