S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: wanderer
You don't know that for sure noww do you? NO. Anything that is that close to another scent/smell, will taste like that scent/smell.

The problem is, how well is the sense of taste in deer compared to their sense of smell.

It might be completely the sense of smell that the deer are reacting to, so don't tell me what I don't know little boy.

I thought you said it was the sound of the road feeder that they were reacting to and now it is the sense of smell? juggle I always thought is was the taste of corn that they were reacting to myself.

no, no, no...it's the sound of the corn bag shaking and smell of diesel. They also prefer the sound of a dmax over a powerstroke, fyi. popcorn

I take it that the dmax is still on the road and not in the barditch when you tried this experiment?
Where you been? Buying up all of East Texas you can get?

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Apple scented deer corn - Where? [Re: stxranchman] #2165683 03/07/11 02:37 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
You don't know that for sure noww do you? NO. Anything that is that close to another scent/smell, will taste like that scent/smell.

The problem is, how well is the sense of taste in deer compared to their sense of smell.

It might be completely the sense of smell that the deer are reacting to, so don't tell me what I don't know little boy.

I thought you said it was the sound of the road feeder that they were reacting to and now it is the sense of smell? juggle I always thought is was the taste of corn that they were reacting to myself.

no, no, no...it's the sound of the corn bag shaking and smell of diesel. They also prefer the sound of a dmax over a powerstroke, fyi. popcorn

I take it that the dmax is still on the road and not in the barditch when you tried this experiment?

Been around, just not saying much. The land situation has been put on hold but talks will pick back up shortly. We've also been looking at houses all over the place so that has taken away from forum time.

Re: Apple scented deer corn - Where? [Re: landsurveyor] #2166103 03/07/11 06:11 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
When we hunted Ft McKavett we always used apple scented corn when we could get it,they loved it,definitely showed a prefferance for it in our un-scientific taste tests.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Apple scented deer corn - Where? [Re: Erathkid] #2166198 03/07/11 07:04 PM
C
catchin' Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
We use both regular and apple scented corn on our lease. I have not been able to find it in my neck of the woods so I relied on my BIL to get it for me. Like I mentioned earlier I am by game trails and I used the scented for a feeder fill-up in December. Now whether it was just by chance or the apple scented corn I definitely saw more animals. More WT and more Axis which is what my son and I will be hunting during Spring Break. I will also be taking a bail of alfalfa hay (which I am trying to locate now also.)

Life is Good Today.

I never dreamed of being a father....now I can't imagine being anything else.
Re: Apple scented deer corn - Where? [Re: catchin'] #2166555 03/07/11 09:53 PM
M
michael rice Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
apple sented corn is all i use it adds peace to mky mind now if its all in my head then so be it 8.00 a 50 pound bag h e b cant hurt any thing

Re: Apple scented deer corn - Where? [Re: michael rice] #2167285 03/08/11 02:03 AM
C
catchin' Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: michael rice
apple sented corn is all i use it adds peace to mky mind now if its all in my head then so be it 8.00 a 50 pound bag h e b cant hurt any thing

I totally agree.

Life is Good Today.

I never dreamed of being a father....now I can't imagine being anything else.
Re: Apple scented deer corn - Where? [Re: stxranchman] #2167906 03/08/11 04:48 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

hopefully it will go through...real weird situation but only 18.2 acres grin

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide