391728 Topics
5036757 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2012678 - 01/12/11 09:02 AM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life®™]
trinityriverguy Offline
Green Horn

I completely understand the issue with dogs running across fences, and yes the ranch behind the golf course used to be one in which we had trouble, now I am on the Ellis county side, but if the dogs run through one of my deer hunters set up then that wont work for me, after deer season is a different story, all it takes is a phone call. We trap run dogs, and shoot out of helicopters to keep them gone. If a dog hunt is going and the pig runs and they run onto our place I just want to know who it is, if I dont know then the dogs will be dispatched on sight, the dogs that came through in bow season were shot on sight, by a bow, then the hunters never came within sight and left, we try to work with anyone but if we dont know who they are then they are tresspassing!

#2013592 - 01/12/11 01:05 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: trinityriverguy]
Hunter4life®™ Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Mesquite Texas
Well fella unless ur name is jd or ricky you aint had [censored] behind no golf course that I cant run first off I own the only other part behind them and i understand about the hunters but not all dogs are free runers mine have name plates and I wouldnt brag to loud about killin dogs like that u dont know who is readin this stuff there was a dog killed in tyler area and the hunters seen the landowner kill the dog a week later the home barn and all of his stuff was on fire im not sayin someone will but there are some crazy people on that river and they will put u on the bottom of that river for dog killin u may be a big shot around there but they will surprise u in the dead of the night and no one will know what happend.

#2013761 - 01/12/11 01:45 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: trinityriverguy]
NacHunter Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
Originally Posted By: trinityriverguy
the dogs that came through in bow season were shot on sight, by a bow

You guys really shot dogs with bows? I'm not talking about the ethics of shooting someone's dog, I just wonder how you can get close enough to get a good shot on something that small which is probably moving at a good clip. I'd be interested to hear more about that. You have a Milkbone feeder? Call 'em in close with a squeaky toy or a tennis ball? Smear some peanut butter on a tree trunk?

#2013923 - 01/12/11 02:18 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: NacHunter]
trinityriverguy Offline
Green Horn

The ranch I had was the southland so yes I did have property behind the golfcourse off of 1390 the current owner was one of my customers, and his name is not ricky or jd, so maybe you are talking about the golf course closer to crandall, not sure there. As far the dogs, as long as we dont know whose they are then they should not be there. The hunter who got them, was told to do what he had to, were they running? no clue I never ask, I hope no one is coming to burn our stuff down, lol, I would imagine we can take care of our stuff. I was only hoping someone on here may know the guys who keep showing up on our cameras, or hear of guys running dogs down on the place, we only want to know who it is.

#2013976 - 01/12/11 02:37 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: trinityriverguy]
NacHunter Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
If you have pics of the guys on game cams, post them here!

#2014059 - 01/12/11 03:00 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: drop ducks like rain]
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DALLAS TEXAS
Prison gangs? River rats? River people? Aryan Nazis???

GIVE ME A BREAK! Sounds more like, "It's a great place to hunt... we better make up some stories so other people will be afraid to hunt there!"

Maybe I'll just go hunt it and get the heck outta there if I hear banjo music...

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.

#2014080 - 01/12/11 03:07 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: NacHunter]
Hunter4life®™ Offline
Bird Dog

I am really close to southland my land starts were the golf course ends and next to me is a group of doctors that own all the land to the river and lease it for farming 1390 is the road that comes in to my place and I have never crossed another hunter but post pics of them I may know who it is if so we will stop your problem quick I love hunting and dont wanna see dogs killed and sportsmans fighting the deal is pigs are getting bad we should all come together and help manage this problem no one steppin on toes just makin friends and showin off dogs catchin monster pigs and communication between landowners I have acres upon acres to hunt and im up for new aspots if allowed.

#2014229 - 01/12/11 03:50 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life®™]
trinityriverguy Offline
Green Horn

I agree we are just wanting to get the pigs out however we need to either be there or at least know whats going on, the place we have is full of those silly things and even with choppers we wont get rid of them just thin them out. I will get the pics from the trail cams tonight and post some of them and see if you know them. On 34 Ellis County side of river for a few miles north, thanks for your help.

#2014233 - 01/12/11 03:50 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life®™]
headshot25-06 Offline
Woodsman

Loc: texas
well said h4life

#2014791 - 01/12/11 06:14 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: headshot25-06]
Reggie Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Mesquite TX
Seems to me all the landowners need to get together and come up with solutions together. Pigs and dogs don't follow no boundaries. Everybody get together and come up with a game plan.

Reggie

#2014805 - 01/12/11 06:18 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Reggie]
TEXASTRAPPER Offline
Woodsman

Loc: NW of Houston
Watch out for these guys too. www.trinityriverbears.com

Screw all the river rats and aryan nation.

#2015015 - 01/12/11 07:10 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: TEXASTRAPPER]
Hunter4life®™ Offline
Bird Dog

Well guys I was born and raised on trinity river from mickys place off beltline stretch to 34 and 1390 there is alot of weird things in the bottoms im not sayin its no gangs ghost or bears but friends some of them boys were born raised and bathed in that river and when someone passes there home or property they act kinda crazy but we are crossin and as a fellow dogger as said we try to keep dog away from boundry lines but the dog is doin its job and not askin directions on were to go its our job to retrive our dogs and pig and at the end of the day me and my fellow hay farmers and landowners are happy they moved I can run dogs twice a month at my place and ill push them buggers 4 countys over if we could have a big landowner round up and make some release forms get them notarized cause with swine prices up im willin to do it free and meet good people while im at it over the years I have meet alot of good farmers and when u help them they help you and that is how I was raised.

#2015285 - 01/12/11 08:16 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life®™]
dieselgeek Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Dallas
wow, all these hogs so close to Dallas. Hunter I've already told ya, if you need help LMK. I love that it's so close to home

#2015841 - 01/12/11 10:27 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: dieselgeek]
Hunter4life®™ Offline
Bird Dog

I can get u in there and get u one with.the dogs

#2035323 - 01/18/11 10:09 PM Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life®™]
LFD2037 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Waxahachie, TEXAS
I know for a fact there are Aryan's down there. They did get raided awhile back but they are still there in their trailer home compound.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2014 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide