Page 1 of 2 1 2
trinity river bottom pigs #1981050 01/04/11 11:20 PM
D
drop ducks like rain Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
yall ever hunted the trinity river bottom for pigs? my buddy saw on the news that the pigs that they have been catching and have caught 140 in the past month. i was wondering what the regulations were for hunting there. what guns can i use, can you spotlight, where the boundaries are and what not.

duck, duck, goose
Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: drop ducks like rain] #1981452 01/05/11 12:51 AM
R
Real World Outdoors Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
i knw me and my buddy goy in trouble one time for doin it

real people real outdoors
Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Real World Outdoors] #1982064 01/05/11 03:22 AM
N
NacHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
Depends on where exactly you want to hunt. There are feral hogs from the Lake Lewisville dam/spillway all the way downriver to I-20. There are areas where private businesses own land that backs up to the river, golf courses, all sorts of stuff.

Much of it is owned by the state since its in the floodplain, other pieces are controlled by the Corps of Engineers.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: NacHunter] #2002167 01/10/11 12:27 AM
H
headshot25-06 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
unless you lease the land, by law you have to use a shotgun between the levies. I personally know about this i regularley hunt between 34 and malloy bridge road and take a lot of hogs. i have permission for over 6800 acres, and when i go down to the river and the shotgun is all i,ll take any more

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: headshot25-06] #2002431 01/10/11 01:28 AM
N
NacHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
Originally Posted by headshot25-06
unless you lease the land, by law you have to use a shotgun between the levies. I personally know about this i regularley hunt between 34 and malloy bridge road and take a lot of hogs. i have permission for over 6800 acres, and when i go down to the river and the shotgun is all i,ll take any more

Who makes the shotgun vs long gun rifle rule?

In Dallas County I imagine that even a shotgun would be off limits. Hell, even a bow would get you in trouble.

This I was told was just north of I-20 on the Trinity which is not far from where you hunt

A police officer told me that the river south of I-20 is controlled by members of the Aryan Nation. They have a prison gang compound of some kind down there with boat docks that are on the river. I was told to never ever venture down there by that officer under any circumstances for any reason. They call those folks the "Riverpeople". This would be around Dowdy Ferry. I never checked into the story but he told me that the FBI went out to the property a couple years ago and drained a stock tank looking for bodies.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: NacHunter] #2002641 01/10/11 01:57 AM
H
headshot25-06 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
the trinity river authority makes the rules on the trinity, you can lease some bottom land from them, and NO there are not any a.n. down there there is a group of guys that has land leasrd to shoot their class 3 weapons. they call thereselfs the river rats. the docks they talk about are old locks that run down river; locks 4,5,6 are from below malloy bridge rd. to beltline. the boundry from dallas co. to ellis kaufman line is 1.1mile from the bridge on malloybridge rd.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: headshot25-06] #2002810 01/10/11 02:29 AM
N
NacHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
Here are a couple stories about the Aryan Nazi people that live there

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/4176821.html

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2007-11-29/news/love-among-the-ruinous/print/

Quote:
He says he laid Clark down in the backseat and drove him to a friend's house near Dowdy Ferry Road, where he stole a tarp and some chain-link fencing. He says he rolled Clark, who was still alive, in the tarp and then rolled him in the fencing and used a winch to hoist his body into the back of a truck. He says he then drove to a pond in the Trinity River bottoms and swam Clark out to the middle, where he slit his throat and let him sink. He had previously tied cinderblocks to his body.

I don't want to end up wrapped up in chain link fence at the bottom of a pond. Police officer told me that the group is still there, one of the very few spots on that part of the Trinity that is private property.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: NacHunter] #2004268 01/10/11 04:05 PM
D
dieselgeek Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
I go down there quite often, but I doubt they want anything to do w/ me. If they do I guess they better come loaded haha.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: dieselgeek] #2004482 01/10/11 05:10 PM
H
Hunter4life° Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I hunt right along beltline to malloy bridge river strip and catch big boars everytime with my dogs we carry knifes only im a leaser on the gunrange and the only people we have problems with is the tresspassers im seein and traps that were stolen if you dont have a key to beltline levy stay out if u are on the levy without permission on someones property u may be found in a pond gypsie people own around trinity and have threatend us before when we were chasin dogs to round them up be carefull u never know what u will find or run into in the bottoms belive me born and raised on this river and it can be deadly.

subscribe @TexasOutdoorLife YouTube
Add me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Boonesmessenger
Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life°] #2004747 01/10/11 06:15 PM
H
hrt4me Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Interesting

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life°] #2004956 01/10/11 07:04 PM
N
NacHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
Originally Posted By: Hunter4life
I hunt right along beltline to malloy bridge river strip and catch big boars everytime with my dogs we carry knifes only im a leaser on the gunrange and the only people we have problems with is the tresspassers im seein and traps that were stolen if you dont have a key to beltline levy stay out if u are on the levy without permission on someones property u may be found in a pond gypsie people own around trinity and have threatend us before when we were chasin dogs to round them up be carefull u never know what u will find or run into in the bottoms belive me born and raised on this river and it can be deadly.

Who do you contact to get a key to drive on the levees? Are you talking about the levees near the wastewater plant south of 20?

I'm not familiar with that area. Most of what I know of that area is what I was told from a couple friends(one being the guy with the youtube video) or the Dallas Marshal I know who is on the illegal dump team patrol and knows all the backroads and trails down there.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: NacHunter] #2007035 01/11/11 02:45 AM
H
Hunter4life° Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Well the key is not to drive the levee it is for the gun range we hunt the land below it the levee is acually off limits and from post oak to beltline it is the Greenbelt nature preserve it is game warden country unless u have some really good explanation you better not be accidently lost he hears that all the time I hunt our provided land lease fee is 200 or 250 a year and you can shoot up to class 3 weapon and the occasional pig. I grew up just mins from beltline and had lots of good times there with family & friends if interested contact micky at ammo depot in caddo mills tx off of hwy 30 east.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life°] #2010786 01/11/11 11:33 PM
T
trinityriverguy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Hi guys first post, I have several acres on the Trinity River Bottom from 34 north, it is all private land and would really appreciate it if yall could help with the poachers, we are very active in trying to catch them from 34 through ferris I am not aware of any public land and all of the ranchers are trying to catch these guys who are running dogs. Thanks for yalls help.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: trinityriverguy] #2010796 01/11/11 11:34 PM
D
dieselgeek Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
LOL@TROLL

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: dieselgeek] #2011031 01/12/11 12:42 AM
H
Hunter4life° Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Well its kind of hard to stop doggers when another ranch owner wants them gone and the other ranch owner allows the doggers to catch the pigs im a fellow dogger sometimes our dogs get into a good hurd and travel we dont mean to cross but our dogs are stopin pigs. I dont carry a gun and I dont take what is not mine just pig population management is all I do on the other hand u do get people that park on the road and go but not all doggers are like that if I dont have the land to hunt im stayin home I really like workin dogs and wish I had more spots to pull some monsters out. my crandall river spot I own 200 acres its close to u trinity river guy it could be me u seen fella my land is behind the golf course on 1390 but I have all my neighbors permission.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life°] #2012678 01/12/11 03:02 PM
T
trinityriverguy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
I completely understand the issue with dogs running across fences, and yes the ranch behind the golf course used to be one in which we had trouble, now I am on the Ellis county side, but if the dogs run through one of my deer hunters set up then that wont work for me, after deer season is a different story, all it takes is a phone call. We trap run dogs, and shoot out of helicopters to keep them gone. If a dog hunt is going and the pig runs and they run onto our place I just want to know who it is, if I dont know then the dogs will be dispatched on sight, the dogs that came through in bow season were shot on sight, by a bow, then the hunters never came within sight and left, we try to work with anyone but if we dont know who they are then they are tresspassing!

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: trinityriverguy] #2013592 01/12/11 07:05 PM
H
Hunter4life° Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Well fella unless ur name is jd or ricky you aint had [censored] behind no golf course that I cant run first off I own the only other part behind them and i understand about the hunters but not all dogs are free runers mine have name plates and I wouldnt brag to loud about killin dogs like that u dont know who is readin this stuff there was a dog killed in tyler area and the hunters seen the landowner kill the dog a week later the home barn and all of his stuff was on fire im not sayin someone will but there are some crazy people on that river and they will put u on the bottom of that river for dog killin u may be a big shot around there but they will surprise u in the dead of the night and no one will know what happend.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: trinityriverguy] #2013761 01/12/11 07:45 PM
N
NacHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
Originally Posted By: trinityriverguy
the dogs that came through in bow season were shot on sight, by a bow

You guys really shot dogs with bows? I'm not talking about the ethics of shooting someone's dog, I just wonder how you can get close enough to get a good shot on something that small which is probably moving at a good clip. I'd be interested to hear more about that. You have a Milkbone feeder? Call 'em in close with a squeaky toy or a tennis ball? Smear some peanut butter on a tree trunk?

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: NacHunter] #2013923 01/12/11 08:18 PM
T
trinityriverguy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
The ranch I had was the southland so yes I did have property behind the golfcourse off of 1390 the current owner was one of my customers, and his name is not ricky or jd, so maybe you are talking about the golf course closer to crandall, not sure there. As far the dogs, as long as we dont know whose they are then they should not be there. The hunter who got them, was told to do what he had to, were they running? no clue I never ask, I hope no one is coming to burn our stuff down, lol, I would imagine we can take care of our stuff. I was only hoping someone on here may know the guys who keep showing up on our cameras, or hear of guys running dogs down on the place, we only want to know who it is.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: trinityriverguy] #2013976 01/12/11 08:37 PM
N
NacHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
If you have pics of the guys on game cams, post them here!

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: drop ducks like rain] #2014059 01/12/11 09:00 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Prison gangs? River rats? River people? Aryan Nazis???

GIVE ME A BREAK! Sounds more like, "It's a great place to hunt... we better make up some stories so other people will be afraid to hunt there!"

Maybe I'll just go hunt it and get the heck outta there if I hear banjo music...

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: NacHunter] #2014080 01/12/11 09:07 PM
H
Hunter4life° Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I am really close to southland my land starts were the golf course ends and next to me is a group of doctors that own all the land to the river and lease it for farming 1390 is the road that comes in to my place and I have never crossed another hunter but post pics of them I may know who it is if so we will stop your problem quick I love hunting and dont wanna see dogs killed and sportsmans fighting the deal is pigs are getting bad we should all come together and help manage this problem no one steppin on toes just makin friends and showin off dogs catchin monster pigs and communication between landowners I have acres upon acres to hunt and im up for new aspots if allowed.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life°] #2014229 01/12/11 09:50 PM
T
trinityriverguy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
I agree we are just wanting to get the pigs out however we need to either be there or at least know whats going on, the place we have is full of those silly things and even with choppers we wont get rid of them just thin them out. I will get the pics from the trail cams tonight and post some of them and see if you know them. On 34 Ellis County side of river for a few miles north, thanks for your help.

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: Hunter4life°] #2014233 01/12/11 09:50 PM
H
headshot25-06 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
well said h4life

Re: trinity river bottom pigs [Re: headshot25-06] #2014791 01/13/11 12:14 AM
R
Reggie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Seems to me all the landowners need to get together and come up with solutions together. Pigs and dogs don't follow no boundaries. Everybody get together and come up with a game plan.

Reggie

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide