Forums46
Topics538,759
Posts9,740,890
Members87,111
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: LandPirate] #1927985 12/16/10 09:29 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
We need another show like gun it with benny spies is what we really need.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: txtrophy85] #1928016 12/16/10 09:32 PM
J
Jack Todd Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: Curtis
No more mentioning sponsors and products during the show. .

i hate this.

they make it seem like with out product X then the success of the hunt would't have been possible.

i like seein real POV hunts. I very much enjoy the TTHA videos.

used to like monster bucks , but that got over sponsored real quick.

in a nutshell, we wanna see good kills and good properties, not product hawking and gimmicks.

personally i like watching gun kills over bow kills too.

X2

Whack'em and Stack'em

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: LandPirate] #1928120 12/16/10 09:53 PM
T
TX_Huntress Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
x1000! Let me see some actual hunting footage!!

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
I hate the shows that start out with the first 5 min talking about where and how they're gonna hunt, then commercial,then another 5 min driving or flying to place of the hunt, then commercial and finally in the last 2 min of the show they actually kill something.

How about more footage from stand, more footage of the flora/fauna of the ranch and more footage of the actual hunt. And finally, less infomercial BS. It's annoying that out of a 30 min show there's only about 12 min of actual hunting show and the rest is commercials.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

[Linked Image]
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Jack Todd] #1928151 12/16/10 09:58 PM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
More hunting and less filler, whether it is talking about sponsors or footage out of the truck rolling down the hwy or going into town and talking with the lady behind the counter that you are buying your license from. Really, they think that is interesting to the audience. We want to see hunting.

I personally dont care if something is killed in the course of the program. I like seeing animals and the hunt. Killing something is just a bonus.

I would like to see a season show where the host hunts a particular piece of property each episode. Sitting in different places explaining why he chose that spot for that morning or evening. Showing animals and making a decision as to why or why not to shoot something. It would be more like a real hunt. You never know when the host is going to shoot something. Would be a little more exciting to me and more realistic. If I know the host is going to shot somethng every show, I find it pretty boring. JMHO

Let'em grow old
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: LandPirate] #1928519 12/16/10 11:31 PM
W
westtex75 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
just watched it.....gotta say not bad at all...in fact I liked it a lot. that bowkill on the bobcat was great footage. I think you got what it takes.

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: westtex75] #1928683 12/17/10 12:22 AM
P
Parker Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
More hunting education. More public land/do-it-yourself. Like others have said, watching another random dude shoot a deer out of a blind is boring. I'm good at that. Teach me something and don't bore me. I don't mind a bit of comedy thrown in, but I don't like the shows that are "HEY, LOOK AT ME!!!", if you know what I mean. Host-dominated shows are not that interesting. Involve an outsider and tell a story with each episode. Oh, and I don't need to know all the specifications of your donated Savagington .416 that you're using while hunting Hill Country deer.

I have more, but that's a start.

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Parker] #1929509 12/17/10 06:06 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Don't do the usual metal and the Alan W infocommerial. I watched a few the other day and didn't see a single canned sponsor (though I do like to know what products they are using but don't kill a deer in W. Texas and claim some sugar sprayed attracted it - we aren't idiots.) and saw one single animal killed but they were good shows that looked like what most of us go through. And don't do stupid commentaries unless you are really good at it.

Your promo looks great.

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: catchrcall] #1929571 12/17/10 08:03 AM
S
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: catchrcall
get out of the stupid treestand and hunt something besides whitetails. I've seen it a thousand times. guy sits in treestand. whitetail walks by tree. guy shoots whitetail. guy thanks ten sponsors,five producers, four cameramen, three relatives, two outfitters and a partridge in a pear tree. I got it.

I want to see public land hunts, planned by the people hunting, i want to know why they chose the locations they hunted and of course i want to see them hunt. at least once in a while, so it can be educational. but at a minimum get out of the treestand.

X2

I support Cap and Trade - Cap our spending and Trade Obama

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Seadog] #1929604 12/17/10 11:13 AM
B
Bobby_G Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Ok...is it just me, or did that promo rawk...wonder if they're hiring lol...

"When I die...I'd like to die like my pawpaw....peacefully....in my sleep...not screaming and hollering like those people in his car"
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Bobby_G] #1929643 12/17/10 12:38 PM
A
ak47 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
A
I hate the Brock lesner commercials

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: ak47] #1929697 12/17/10 01:18 PM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I dont think you have time to educate anybody in the 22 minutes or whatever it is you have on air. Its about entertainment, if you want to learn something get a DVD or better yet get out in the woods and learn it. So for me, entertain me and kill something. If I did'nt want to see something die I would watch Nat Geo. This is a hunting show, let the air outta something. Whitetails are boring, hot chicks giggling about stupid stuff (although worth looking at) can be seen on any channel. This is a hunting show kill something. You are not gonna convence me to buy whatever product you use so I don't want to hear about it.

There are only a couple shows that come close to this IMO. Benny Spies from what I've seen has fun, does'nt push many products, may not kill alot but the dude shoots. Relentless Pursuits was one of my favorites but is starting to push products more and more. The commercial breaks are for commercials, show me something getting shot at.

Get away from the same old whitetails, sitting in a Double Bull shooting at turkeys and bears over bait. This can be seen on any outdoor channel at anytime. I will watch it most times but its not that entertaining. Hogs with spears, night hunting varmints, running some traps, anything that may get somebody chased or bitten. If the people on the show are having fun and have good personalities then usally I can watch.

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: cmc] #1930408 12/17/10 04:58 PM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
A show without all the whispering would be a good start.
By the way, is it me or does 50% of all hunting shows now have Tiffany in them somehow?

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Curly] #1930872 12/17/10 07:33 PM
Mr Redneck Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Don't copy Buck commander or Duck Commander, all they do is set around and complain about everything and then you get a 30 second clip of someone shooting something.If I want to listen to someone complain I will go set with my wife and watch TV.

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Curly] #1930956 12/17/10 08:03 PM
S
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Curly
By the way, is it me or does 50% of all hunting shows now have Tiffany in them somehow?

You know she is a fan favorite and the show's rating goes up when she's on them!!! grin

I support Cap and Trade - Cap our spending and Trade Obama

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: redchevy] #1931005 12/17/10 08:15 PM
D
dutton1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted By: redchevy
I dont want to see six hours of scentblocke this and doe piss this and but out that...

Hunting shows used to be entertainment, now they are a huge infomercial and I would rather watch Billy Mays's reruns, at least he isnt taking something I hold near and dear and using it to decieve people and turn a buck.

If you dont kill something on the show it was a waste. If I want to see something not get shot I will pull up a chair to my dinning room window and watch them.

Maybe not for all, but for me I am not fond of heavy metal music, all the new fad terms like bone collecting and all that jazz. Keep it real hunting, love to see kids out doors, make it more about what it should be, people enjoying the outdoors, not an academy sale.

matt

I agree GO easy on the music and get kids and fist timers out there to hunt. No thsi that and the other product crap.

“Politics is the only field in which the more experience you have, the worse you get." KF
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Curly] #1931009 12/17/10 08:16 PM
D
dutton1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D

x2 just do voice over at the end if you need to.

“Politics is the only field in which the more experience you have, the worse you get." KF
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Seadog] #1931069 12/17/10 08:30 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Seadog
Originally Posted By: catchrcall
get out of the stupid treestand and hunt something besides whitetails. I've seen it a thousand times. guy sits in treestand. whitetail walks by tree. guy shoots whitetail. guy thanks ten sponsors,five producers, four cameramen, three relatives, two outfitters and a partridge in a pear tree. I got it.

I want to see public land hunts, planned by the people hunting, i want to know why they chose the locations they hunted and of course i want to see them hunt. at least once in a while, so it can be educational. but at a minimum get out of the treestand.

X2

X3 75% of the shows are about trophy whitetails. How about some crow calling, good old school squirrel hunts, walk hunting for cottontails and maybe running a few trap lines.

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: ntxtrapper] #1932951 12/18/10 02:46 PM
T
Txhoghunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
When I was younger, I watched hunting shows like there wasnt anything else on TV. Now, i dont even pay to get a channel that has them. I get SO tired of seeing these guys(and gals now too) going to some ranch and shooting 180" deer like its nothing. No work involved, just go out and shoot it. Heck, they even have someone come load it for them! I have buddies that worship michael waddell and others. I always tell them, if you had the money to hunt the places he does, you could kill deer just like that! I'm thinking of striking out on my own and filming some hunts, not just the hunts, but what it takes to locate and hunt a good mature buck on low fenced palces. I have the places and the cameras to do it, just need the motivation! Aslo would include some hog hunting, duck hunting, a little bit of everything.

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Txhoghunter] #1933037 12/18/10 03:31 PM
C
Chief Joe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I do not care for the "reality TV" theme of so many of the shows. Talking about accidents their crew members had while driving like Jim Shockey's show just turns me off. These shows have become like the news, more about the character doing the show and less about the topic. Of course, this is just my HHO. soap

I didn't respond well to the prigina; question. I'd like to see regular people hunting in a less promotional setting. This would't bode well with sponsors I suspect.

Last edited by Chief Joe; 12/18/10 04:11 PM.

"It is the same boiling water that softens the rice, which hardens the egg." It's not always about the circumstances, but what you are made of....
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: Txhoghunter] #1933183 12/18/10 04:30 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Txhoghunter
I have buddies that worship michael waddell and others. I always tell them, if you had the money to hunt the places he does, you could kill deer just like that! I'm thinking of striking out on my own and filming some hunts, not just the hunts, but what it takes to locate and hunt a good mature buck on low fenced palces. I have the places and the cameras to do it, just need the motivation! Aslo would include some hog hunting, duck hunting, a little bit of everything.

big deer or trophy animals is part of the reality escape of the shows.

would you really want to see some guy shoot a fork horn on public land?

like everything else on t.v.....its put there to show the average person something better than whats readily available to them

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: txtrophy85] #1934366 12/19/10 02:58 AM
O
o2bwest Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Diversity is key. Don't make every show about whitetail hunting. And please make some hunts west of the Pecos.

[Linked Image]

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: txtrophy85] #1934874 12/19/10 01:17 PM
P
ParkCountyElkDestroyer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: txhunter24
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Maybe not for all, but for me I am not fond of heavy metal music, all the new fad terms like bone collecting and all that jazz. Keep it real hunting, love to see kids out doors, make it more about what it should be, people enjoying the outdoors, not an academy sale.

matt

i agree with all this......I hate seeein window stickers of a bowhunter in a tree with some ghey slogan like "death from above"

couldnt agree more. the guys with antler stickers on the back of their squeaky clean 70,000 trucks that you know havent been on a caliche road in months just bug me a little bit.

typically its the highschool age kid who drives around from october thru feb with a road feeder on the front of his truck (always a extended cab Z71, the choice of high school juniors) everywhere, has the giant TTHA sticker in his back windshield and the truck dosen't have a dent or scratch one.

I'm 16 and I love my huge Tundra Limited with the TTHA sticker on the back!

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: dutton1] #1934894 12/19/10 01:39 PM
Rockinmyshoe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: dutton1

x2 just do voice over at the end if you need to.

X3
Might as well be sign language,cant understand that either..voice over later so us old faxts can hear you.
Coyote hunting with decoy dogs,my whole family will give up the TV if i have a Decoy dog video.
Go to common working class peoples camps and show the kids and Wifes involved in a Real deer camp not some fancy 5star ranch nobody can afford.

Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: ParkCountyElkDestroyer] #1935063 12/19/10 03:50 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: jensent
couldnt agree more. the guys with antler stickers on the back of their squeaky clean 70,000 trucks that you know havent been on a caliche road in months just bug me a little bit.

typically its the highschool age kid who drives around from october thru feb with a road feeder on the front of his truck (always a extended cab Z71, the choice of high school juniors) everywhere, has the giant TTHA sticker in his back windshield and the truck dosen't have a dent or scratch one.

I'm 16 and I love my huge Tundra Limited with the TTHA sticker on the back! [/quote]

my point exactly....

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: What do you want to see on an outdoor TV Show? [Re: txtrophy85] #1935491 12/19/10 07:56 PM
P
ParkCountyElkDestroyer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Mine is taken off road all the time, and has plenty of scratches and dings.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide