Forums46
Topics538,833
Posts9,741,928
Members87,118
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Hill Country Hunter] #1236569 02/11/10 11:52 PM
T
Tactical_Smurf Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
All of you guys are missing some key points here.

If you think your rights are safe because your a member you wrong, if you think YOU dont have to act because you have somebody doing it for you. Your wrong

Im not going to say they saved our rights, but thye play a critical part. YOU are the other critical part becuase at the end of the day there lobbyest, they answer to the almighty dollar sich is obviuosly clear. They spend way to much money on saleries and bennifits for me to contribute much like United way.

I assure you form talking to several local grassroots politicians you make you voice heard by SPEAKING, not paying someone else to do it. Get involved fallow house bills, learn legal bills its not hard, if something bothers you call your local represenitive, Seanator or Congressman.

If we took all the members of the NRA and walkined into Washington and made YOUR voice heard it would do 10X what any lobbiest could to see a mass of bodies in protest is scary for politicians, that fear would go further than any dollar ever could.

Certified Glock Armorer - Because my Sig Sauers Don't Fail.
"We are prepared to give all of our Tomorrows, for a single child's Today" - Kidnap Rescue Operator
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Tactical_Smurf] #1236863 02/12/10 01:18 AM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: Psychosmurf

If you think your rights are safe because you're a member you're wrong, if you think YOU don't have to act because you have somebody doing it for you. You're wrong

I'm not going to say they saved our rights, but they play a critical part. YOU are the other critical part because at the end of the day there lobbyist, they answer to the almighty dollar such is obviously clear. They spend way to much money on salaries and benefits for me to contribute much like United way.

I assure you from talking to several local grassroots politicians you make your voice heard by SPEAKING, not paying someone else to do it. Get involved follow house bills, learn legal bills it's not hard, if something bothers you call your local representative, Senator or Congressman.

If we took all the members of the NRA and walked into Washington and made YOUR voice heard it would do 10X what any lobbyist could, to see a mass of bodies in protest is scary for politicians, that fear would go further than any dollar ever could.

up cheers

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: gogburn] #1236954 02/12/10 01:48 AM
J
jjandcompany Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Now thats one thing thats changed the solicitation laws and dont call back notice. The 60s besides mail being stuffed the calls were bydaily if not daily anywhere from 5-11 pm cst on home phones. By todays standard It would be enough to be classified as harassment.Apparently they had a large call staff likley paid on commission?,and "not again" was not acceptable. Did not join for insurance or use of range or any offered benefit,The 2nd was hot topic at time that was primary reason, they just ran solicitations in the ground. How much was commission$% calling or needed who knows.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: A.B.] #1237001 02/12/10 02:02 AM
E
Eland Slayer Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: aggiebrahma

You can be a supporter of the 2nd amendment without being a member of the NRA.

Not in my opinion you can't. If you're not a member of the NRA, you either: (1) don't truly support the 2nd ammendment or (2) are simply uneducated about what the NRA does to keep our right to bear arms. I think it is absolutely absurd to be a gun owner and not a member of the NRA. I'm glad you are in the minority.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Eland Slayer] #1237039 02/12/10 02:13 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer

Not in my opinion you can't. If you're not a member of the NRA, you either: (1) don't truly support the 2nd ammendment or (2) are simply uneducated about what the NRA does to keep our right to bear arms. I think it is absolutely absurd to be a gun owner and not a member of the NRA. I'm glad you are in the minority.

Well then, let me give you my opinion. I support the 2nd amendment and I will put my education against anybody on here. You dont seem to understand something. It is my right not to join the NRA. Show me proof of all the rights of mine they have protected.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Tactical_Smurf] #1237054 02/12/10 02:18 AM
O
Omaney Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
O

If you think your rights are safe because your a member you wrong, if you think YOU dont have to act because you have somebody doing it for you. Your wrong

Im not going to say they saved our rights, but thye play a critical part. YOU are the other critical part becuase at the end of the day there lobbyest, they answer to the almighty dollar sich is obviuosly clear. They spend way to much money on saleries and bennifits for me to contribute much like United way.

I assure you form talking to several local grassroots politicians you make you voice heard by SPEAKING, not paying someone else to do it. Get involved fallow house bills, learn legal bills its not hard, if something bothers you call your local represenitive, Seanator or Congressman.

If we took all the members of the NRA and walkined into Washington and made YOUR voice heard it would do 10X what any lobbiest could to see a mass of bodies in protest is scary for politicians, that fear would go further than any dollar ever could.

I have to +1 this. That being said; Having an organization like the NRA watching every bill and ordinance in the works, and vetting it for our pro-gun way of life is a terrific resource. We would not be aware of the crap going on in this country if the NRA wasn't watching out for our agenda. I read everything they send me (very little) and make my own decisions about the importance of the contents.

Nobody can argue the fact that the NRA is a 900lb. gorilla in the lobby of Congress. Can they do things better? Of course they can. Is LaPierre living the high life? Damn skippy. The fact is that the NRA is my 900lb. gorilla. I care about The Constitution of The United States of America and especially the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights. I still vote for those I believe will protect my rights and write an occasional letter to a representative voicing my opinion. The NRA does this on a daily basis and does it because they raise funds to enable them to do so. It's always about the Dollar.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: A.B.] #1237068 02/12/10 02:21 AM
T
Tactical_Smurf Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I think its upsurd that you put so much trust in an organization to protect your rights then sit back and watch what happens. How can you put som much trust in a lobbiest orginization ?

Im not bashing anybody for being in the NRA because they do alot of good, what Im concerned with is the scarry idealoligy that im seeing over and over in this thread that as long as your a member your safe, you don't have to make your voice heard because there doing it for you mentality. My advice anytime you hear or get wind of something that bothers you Call Your Senator, Represenative, and Congressman and let them know your doing as much with that as they are doing. The only thing your helpless form doing is fighting some of the already established legislation that takes money and time form very experianced lawyers.

Another concern of mine is how much of your money is actually being spent to fight the fight and not line the pockets.

"We are prepared to give all of our Tomorrows, for a single child's Today" - Kidnap Rescue Operator
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Tactical_Smurf] #1237097 02/12/10 02:27 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
I think its upsurd that you put so much trust in an organization to protect your rights then sit back and watch what happens. How can you put som much trust in a lobbiest orginization ?

Im not bashing anybody for being in the NRA because they do alot of good, what Im concerned with is the scarry idealoligy that im seeing over and over in this thread that as long as your a member your safe, you don't have to make your voice heard because there doing it for you mentality. My advice anytime you hear or get wind of something that bothers you Call Your Senator, Represenative, and Congressman and let them know your doing as much with that as they are doing. The only thing your helpless form doing is fighting some of the already established legislation that takes money and time form very experianced lawyers.

Another concern of mine is how much of your money is actually being spent to fight the fight and not line the pockets.

Being a member of the NRA is fine. Just dont tell me that Im lacking intellect or committment to my freedoms because I choose not to join the NRA.

Last edited by aggiebrahma; 02/12/10 02:29 AM.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Gus McRae] #1237152 02/12/10 02:41 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Gus McRae
Wow, some of you are just terribly ignorant.

The NRA is the #1 strongest pro-2nd Amendment lobbyist group in America. How any firearm owner won't support them is beyond me. Are they 100% right on all issues? No. But name me one person/entity that is.

If organizations like the NRA didn't exist, the 2nd Amendment would have been repealed by now. Or at the very least, severely restricted.

I urge everyone to not only join, but give out memberships as Christmas presents.

I'd say you are the ignorant one judging by some of your posts on here. ie, The Aggie bonfire accident.

On edit: I see aggiebrahma already said something.

Last edited by cbump; 02/12/10 02:45 AM.
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Eland Slayer] #1237163 02/12/10 02:44 AM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
If you're not a member of the NRA, you either: (1) don't truly support the 2nd ammendment or (2) are simply uneducated about what the NRA does to keep our right to bear arms. I think it is absolutely absurd to be a gun owner and not a member of the NRA.

rofl

That couldnt be farther from the truth!

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: JCB] #1237171 02/12/10 02:47 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Got 2 THF heavyweights with me. cheers

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: A.B.] #1237175 02/12/10 02:49 AM
T
txhunter24 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
add me to your list aggiebrahma cheers rifle

Every good and perfect gift is from above . James 1:17
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: cbump] #1237180 02/12/10 02:51 AM
K
kilt it Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Now I'm no "legal eagle" here, and I own guns and am not a member of NRA. I know the NRA supports our right to bear arms; and I agree, just not enough to be a member.

I exercise my right to vote for those members who support the 2nd amendment and our constitutional rights.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: kilt it] #1237252 02/12/10 03:14 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The NRA maybe a 900 pound gorilla, but it has lost touch with it's members. Just like most large organizations, a few rise to the top and then it becomes "their way or the highway". The top echelon has run off membership. Happened in the NWTF, Trout Unlimited and a lot of the other outdoors organization. Why is there Ducks Unlimited and Delta Water Fowl? Because one group whizzed on another.

I am a member now, but when they go on a tangent I drop my dues else where. If they come back to my way of thinking I rejoin. The upper CEO makes over a million dollars a year in salary and benefits, how much does he contribute back to the NRA out of that salary? Books are supposed to be open to the public, see if you can find that info.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: A.B.] #1237255 02/12/10 03:15 AM
T
Tactical_Smurf Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

Being a member of the NRA is fine. Just dont tell me that Im lacking intellect or committment to my freedoms because I choose not to join the NRA.

Thats the point im trying to make, to me the people who are screaming join the NRA are being led into the false pretense that because your a member of the NRA you dont have to make your opinion or voice heard to our leaders and thats not the case.

For instance the guy who call you ignorant because you won't join, I think its just as ignorant to join and then do nothing yourself to help defend our rights because they suposedly do it for you.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Tactical_Smurf] #1237265 02/12/10 03:19 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I think its just as ignorant to join and then do nothing yourself to help defend our rights because they suposedly do it for you.

That is the key right there, a non member that is active in politics is more effective than a member that just pays his $25 and sits on his arse and expects NRA to do everything.

[Linked Image]
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Gus McRae] #1237267 02/12/10 03:19 AM
C
cable Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
C

The NRA is the #1 strongest pro-2nd Amendment lobbyist group in America. How any firearm owner won't support them is beyond me. Are they 100% right on all issues? No. But name me one person/entity that is.

If organizations like the NRA didn't exist, the 2nd Amendment would have been repealed by now. Or at the very least, severely restricted.

I urge everyone to not only join, but give out memberships as Christmas presents.

Well played Gus cheers

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: cable] #1237269 02/12/10 03:20 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
So, we are ignorant cable?

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: cable] #1237360 02/12/10 03:47 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: cable

Well played Gus cheers

Oh no you didnt! boxing

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: A.B.] #1237420 02/12/10 04:02 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

[Linked Image]
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Eland Slayer] #1237453 02/12/10 04:14 AM
J
jdw Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J

what if there was no such thing as the NRA? does that mean we wouldnt be able to support the 2nd ammendment? i dont think the NRA was around when they made the ammendements. your comment was just ignorant.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #1237667 02/12/10 05:56 AM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
I think its just as ignorant to join and then do nothing yourself to help defend our rights because they suposedly do it for you.

That is the key right there, a non member that is active in politics is more effective than a member that just pays his $25 and sits on his arse and expects NRA to do everything.

Like I said earlier, for some people, it is just a feel good thing.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Justin T] #1237781 02/12/10 07:39 AM
S
Sirrah243 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Here we go again. bang The same negative minority playing the devils advocate. hammer

�A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.� -Fred Bear
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #1237859 02/12/10 01:25 PM
M
M16 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

I would tend to agree. But a member who contributes and is active is more effective. That is why the NRA sends out the mailings alerting you to pending legislation. It always says to call your congressman and let them know your stance. But you are correct. Just being a member is not enough. Do both.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: A.B.] #1238025 02/12/10 03:22 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover

I dont often agree with Aggies but will here

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide