Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com #1013235 11/04/09 10:07 AM
E
elisse Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
Anyone have any info on http://www.huntinghoghunting.com? We are set to hunt there, probably in March- any one hunted there? Tips, please! Husband is experienced hunter, wife (me) is newbie but decent shot! Thanks! deer2

add http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com
add http://www.hoghunting2010.com/
add http://www.huntinghoghunting.com

Last edited by Big Orn; 02/06/13 12:54 PM.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1013402 11/04/09 01:50 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
If the outfitter/guide/owner is Paul Candelaria, good luck, you'll need it!

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1013447 11/04/09 02:13 PM
S
smokingquack Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Don't forget the amex.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1015863 11/05/09 05:59 AM
E
elisse Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
Please explain! It's www.huntinghoghunting.com

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: smokingquack] #1015864 11/05/09 06:00 AM
E
elisse Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
If you have any info, please let us know. It's www.hunting hoghunting.com

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1015948 11/05/09 08:17 AM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Who is the owner??? If it is Paul Candelaria your probably in trouble...do a google on that name.

It sure looks like on of pauls sites...Let us know if it is.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: txbobcat] #1016411 11/05/09 03:55 PM
H
hcranch Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: hcranch] #1016448 11/05/09 04:04 PM
M
mysavioreigns Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
that IS Paul Candelaria's website and his "newest" business venture.

I highly recommend getting out of that deal, asap.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: mysavioreigns] #1016578 11/05/09 04:50 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
I literally can't understand or believe that individual is anywhere other than prison for what he has done to so many unsuspecting hunters both in-state and out-of-state.

The authorities really need to put this guy away behind bars.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1016849 11/05/09 06:33 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I'd say that means get out while you can.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: passthru] #1017218 11/05/09 08:45 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Someone care to explain what this guy has done in the past?

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Justin T] #1018761 11/06/09 05:54 AM
W
West Fork Armory Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
I've always wondered about this guy. Before I was a outfitter myself, I once got a email from him in his free hog hunt contest. The email said that I had won a totally free hog hunt, well after I read the fine print, turns out that Texas residents are not allowed on that deal, so I guess he gets the hunter there, then charges them when they kill something when there expecting a free hunt.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: West Fork Armory] #1018978 11/06/09 01:31 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
After searching the Outfitter Reviews by state, came across this entry on the web for Hunting Guides/Outfitter reviews, not from THF.

Fairly long post, but wanted to give as much detail as possible in case you are considering this ranch.

This is a small ranch located just East of San Antonio off I-10. We purchased a hunt (blackbuck, ram and hog) off Ebay and it was very explicit as to what was included. However, upon our arrival, we found that “ebay hunts” would be treated with much less respect. I use quotes because that is what we were called all weekend long. We were treated as more of a burden than guests, not to mention paying guests.

I am including a list of highlights of the reasons I CANNOT recommend this ranch/operation: (Darin was my hunting partner, Dean was the hog hunter in camp)

- Eat in cold, dark, alone
o Friday night the guide nor the owner sat down to eat with us and/or carry on a conversation as we sat on the porch, with no light in the cold
o Saturday night we simply requested the meal be at our trailer so we wouldn’t have to sit outside again, and again we at alone
- Darin wasn’t picked up Saturday morning until after 11:00 am for his hunt, then just dropped off by himself on place he’d never been for his “100% guided ram hunt”, then told if he shot one too large he’d have to pay another $700
o On a paid hunt Darin sat in camp for half a day waiting to be taken to the other property
o NEVER was there a mention of a limit on the size of ram that could be harvested, until Darin was being dropped off for his ram hunt
o On a 100% guided ram hunt, shouldn’t a guide be present?
- asked to leave stand
o even though we had harvested our hogs, I didn’t think it appropriate to be asked to leave a stand in the area the black bucks had been seen
- feeders not working
o None of the feeders Darin checked on the other ranch were operational
- no rams seen
o We would expect to at least see a ram, maybe not harvest, but see one
- only 5 BB on place that we could tell
o only 5 blackbucks were ever confirmed seen by any of the hunters, including the “guide”
- treated as an inconvenience
o The hospitality witnessed by us and the other hunter in camp was completely lacking. That’s why Dean (the hog hunter) left Saturday night before supper and not even go on his Sunday morning hunt?
o Several comments and actions over the weekend gave the impression we were in the way, rather than paying guests.
- “ebay hunt”
o On several occasions the mention of “on our ebay hunts…”
o NEVER in any correspondence, or advertisement in the ebay adds or on the web site was there a mention that a hunt purchased on ebay would be of less value than a normally purchased hunts
o We purchase items on ebay to get bargains, not to get less value. I’m sure this is the same reason anyone purchases items on ebay
- Not guided as advertised
o While we were provided a guide, he was spread between 3 different hunting parties leaving him only a small amount of time to dedicate to each
o A guide was non-existent on the ram hunt, which was supposed to be 100% guided
- No soft drinks as promised
o The only drink provided was water and orange juice until later Saturday afternoon and milk was delivered
o There weren’t any snacks as promised until Saturday afternoon as well
- No access to 4 wheelers as advertised
o In the very last email correspondence the owner mentioned that 4 wheelers would not be provided, up to that point, for the previous 10 or so correspondences over 5 months it was advertised that they would be available
o This is a small issue, but just another misrepresentation
- 4 wheelers from hog hunters had terrorized the place
o While walking/still hunting one couldn’t help but notice the atv tracks covering the entire ranch. These were very fresh from the previous hunting party
o That is the right as the land owner to allow this, but the rules state this is not to be allowed and we had expectations that the game would not be terrorized by atv’s.
o It wasn’t until late Saturday that some of the animals started emerging from the thickets
- No corn
o Again, only in the owner’s final correspondence did it mention we would have to provide our own corn
o Again, not a big issue, but in a previous conversation we were given the impression corn would be provided to bait the animals.
- Friday noon to Sunday noon????
o To me that mean hunt from Friday noon to Sunday noon, not Sunday 9:00am, and certainly not “you will have to be out of camp by 11:00am
- Positive:
o One nice axis seen
o One nice sika seen
o One nice fallow seen
o One nice red stag seen
o LOTS of buffalo (more like cattle though if someone likes that kind of “hunt”)
o Could have killed more hogs, saw several (not what I’d call a lot though)
o Accommodations were acceptable, but there was a nicer trailer available we weren’t allowed to stay in (not sure if that was for guests though)
o They are finishing a new building that will be nice for dining, showers, a few sleeping areas, etc.
o Two tower blinds on high fence pasture are very nice

If you like I can go into more detail on any point you wish.

I sent this list to Paul Candelaria twice giving him the opportunity to respond, but to date have heard nothing from him. My assumption is that I’m old news now and wouldn’t be a source for future income for him.

My hunting partner (Darin) had already purchased another hunt on ebay from wildhoghunt before our arrival. After our hunt, he has tried on several occasions to explain our disappointment and ask that corrections be made or refund for his future hunt. Darin was finally able to speak with Paul and he “guaranteed” his satisfaction on the next hunt. Darin followed up he conversation with and email to confirm as he wanted something in writing. Paul’s response was,
“I checked with your guide from your last hunt, and he confirmed no guide fee and a poor tip. To guarantee your success on your next hunt, you will need to plan on a upfront guide fee of $75 upon arrival. The guides don't like working for free and not getting tipped, as you can imagine. You will also need to plan on $100 for meals and lodging, as per the terms of your auction.”

So far this is the only explanation we have gotten from him as to our crappie service. Now let me address his response.
1st – guide fee was included in the auction price IN WRITING!
2nd – guide’s tip was to be based on service and success IN WRITING!
- there was no guiding taking place
- success was marginal
- we tipped the “guide” $140 anyway because we found out Paul doesn’t pay him anything
3rd – Meals and lodging were included in our package IN WRITING!

In conclusion, I will stop short of calling this operation fraudulent, but suffice it to say don’t expect what you are promised, even if in writing. For example, some of his advertisements boast “expect to see as many as 100 hogs.” We saw maybe 20, tops. You will see the number of hogs Paul hauls in on a cattle trailer and releases the day of your hunt.

They are interested in how many hunters they can herd through, take the money and get ready for the next herd.

Last edited by kyotee1; 11/06/09 01:32 PM.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1019567 11/06/09 06:43 PM
S
SmithR Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Wow

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: SmithR] #1019604 11/06/09 07:06 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Wow, that is some pretty bad stuff right there.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: SmithR] #1019612 11/06/09 07:12 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps

If you make a contribution to post make sure it is:
FIRST HAND
FACTUAL
AND CIVIL.
up

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: jeh7mmmag] #1019837 11/06/09 09:05 PM
E
elisse Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
Thank you all for all your info... I must say we're bummed by all this bad news... Can anyone recommend a GREAT place for us to go hog hunting (that won't break the bank)? For one, possible two couples, in the spring of 2010, looking to hunt for Food! (The second couple has a partially disabled vet hunter husband). Thanks-

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1019953 11/06/09 10:10 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1019965 11/06/09 10:23 PM
W
West Fork Armory Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
Check out www.huntingboars.com we have hunts all over for reasonable prices.

REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1020028 11/06/09 11:11 PM
G
GUTIT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Call Bob at Hunters Creek Ranch. Great guy, family run and yes, I have been there to hunt and all of us did well. He posted his website up the thread higher. Tell him GUTIT sent ya.

Stronghold Construction Group
Commercial and Residential Project Management
Managing all your construction needs
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1020162 11/07/09 01:16 AM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: elisse
Thank you all for all your info... I must say we're bummed by all this bad news... Can anyone recommend a GREAT place for us to go hog hunting (that won't break the bank)? For one, possible two couples, in the spring of 2010, looking to hunt for Food! (The second couple has a partially disabled vet hunter husband). Thanks-

www.dosplumas.com

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: 7mag] #1020188 11/07/09 01:38 AM
B
bigsky Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
i second west fork guide service. i have access to my own hog hunting, but that wasnt available on one particular weekend i had a friend coming to visit, so we booked with Michael from west fork. We purchased a simple hunt where we would be shown the hunting stands and area and allowed to hunt on our own. When we got there, not only did Michael help us out with being familiar with the property, he hunted with us on the first stand until we put down a hog, which was an hour into the hunt. service was excellent and affordable.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: bigsky] #1029243 11/11/09 03:13 PM
T
Texaswolf Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I had a similar experience. I had to pre-pay a $50 deposit for a "Free Hunt".

A couple of weeks before the hunt I tried calling and never got a response back. I was wanting to ask simple questions like what kind of food drinks etc.etc. I never got a response and I finally called to confirm and again never got a response. I decided not to go and called AMEX for help in returning my deposit money. They did a great job getting my money back and I still never heard from the owner.

Caveat Emptor

" If you dont know what your doing, it's best to do it quickly"....Jase Robertson
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Texaswolf] #1047521 11/19/09 04:58 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
My buddy was going on his first hog hunt booked by a friend. Wifes were going too. Uh uh... He described it and I got a really bad feeling. I said PLEASE do your research and they did. Luckily they were able to cancel it. I sent him lot's of links from reputable outfitters on here so hopefully they'll get to go on a good hunt. That is my good deed for the year.

Check this out!

http://www.wildhoghuntflorida.com/

http://www.wildhoghuntgeorgia.com/

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Txduckman] #1101092 12/12/09 08:20 PM
B
Believer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Just though you all would like to see the email I got

North American Outfitters

Hello,
You entered our free hog hunt giveaway on our website at:
www.huntinghoghunting.com and your e-mail has been drawn as our monthly winner for our free hog hunt giveaway! Congratulations!

Here are the details of the free hog hunt you have won:

This hunt is a 3 day, 2 night hunt, with check-in dates of either a Monday or Wednesday; no weekends. Your hunt is to be used any available time from July 1, 2010 until July 1, 2011, except blackout months of October-February.
You must call no later than December 5, 2009 at 6 pm Central time, or the free hunt will be given to the runner-up in the drawing.

We will be hunting day and night, so bring your predator calls, and spot lights. The hunting never ends!
Included in the free hunt: ($499 value):

Hog & varmint hunting
Day & night hunt sessions
All meals & drinks
Lodging
Guide
Not Included:

$48 non-resident license
hog processing
gratuity for your staff
$75 booking fee (No booking fee for addit'l. hunters.)
As the winner of the Free Hunt, you can bring your buddies along, and we will discount their hunt to $399 each. .( Regular price is $499 each.) This discount for your additional hunters will apply anytime prior to arrival, and does not have to be paid when you claim your free hunt. This is based on availability on your hunt dates.

To claim your free hunt, you will pay the ranch a $75 booking fee when you call in. You do not have to have your hunt dates picked out in order to claim your free hunt. Please carefully read this entire page before calling the ranch with questions, or to book your hunt. The free hunt does not apply if you or anyone in your group already has a hunt purchased or scheduled. You can only claim1 free hunt per calendar year.

Would you like to hunt sooner?

* Bring 2 other hunters, and you can start your hunt as early as March 1, 2010. Weekdays only. Black-out months apply.

* Bring 3 other hunters, and you can start your hunt as early as January 1, 2010. Weekdays only. No Black-out months.

* Bring 5 other hunters, and you can start your hunt as early as December 1, 2009. Weekends included. No Black-out months.

* Bring 12-20 hunters, and you can hunt anytime from now until May 1, 2011. Weekends included, no black-out months.
Also, everyone in your group will get an additional hog at no charge, and your party will be exclusive on the ranch!

If you pay for at least 2 other hunters when you claim your hunt, we will waive your $75 booking fee!
Please call the Ranch at 832-419-6151 to claim your free hunt today!

You must call no later than December 5, 2009 at 6 pm Central time, or the free hunt will be given to the runner-up in the drawing.

Please carefully review the FAQ page, so as to be best prepared.

View available dates Here: Wild Hog Hunt Texas - Calendar

Click here to see other animals that can be added during your hog hunt.

Congratulations on the drawing, and please call the Ranch before the deadline to claim your free hunt.

Hogs for a Cause Founder http://www.hogsforacause.org/
NRA Endowment Member
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide