Forums46
Topics537,006
Posts9,719,380
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: rob valle] #3895729 12/29/12 09:17 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Yep, Law Enforcement will not go out of their way for smaller ticket items, even though a little buddy heater costs considerably more than $20.

Over ten years ago, two days after I closed on the house, it got broken into and the dishwasher, stove, and fridge were stolen. The deputy told me he had a good idea of who was responsible. Left me with the impression they might put some pressure on the guy who did this, who lived across the road and three properties down. He was a known drug addict and convicted felon. I ask my neighbors if they saw anything the next day, one says the suspect had tried to sell them some new appliances the previous evening. Yes, the same evening they were stolen! Called the deputy, told him, nothing ever happened.

Months later, the guy is arrested and sent back to prison, turns out my appliances were in the house being used the whole time.

A few years later, my wife's car gets backed into while parked on the square downtown. A witness gets the LP number and comes in to tell my wife, who walks outside just in time to see the offender drive off. My wife's rear bumper was damaged to the tune of a few hundred dollars. She calls the city police, they take a statement from the wife and witness, who hung around long enough to do the right thing. Weeks go by, I called the officer who took the report, then the investigating officer I was referred to. No progress, nothing to report. I then told him the name and address of the offender, the fact that they were home at the time, and that I was parked down the road watching the lady mow her yard at that very moment, and if he had time to clear his books of this one now would be a great time to do it. I was chastised by the officer for getting involved in any way, and that I should let it all go, file it on MY insurance, and move on. Yeah, let me pay for it? Three years later, no peep out of anyone about this. I have actually came out of the grocery store once and found the very same car that hit my wife's car, parked right next to my wife's same car. Black smudge on the bumper, right where it crunched the black plastic corner of the wife's rear bumper.

This stuff would be funny if they weren't such obvious slam dunks for the deputies and officers involved.

On a more positive note though. About 6 months ago I walked out to go to work one morning and the smell of meth about knocked me down. It was lingering in the air horribly, and covered most of the street. I called it in on my way to work, and gave them the general area. They asked for particulars several times, and I told them to just drive down the street with the windows down, they'd smell it.

Two days, nothing, still smell the meth very strong in the neighborhood. I stopped by the Sheriff's office on my home one evening, and had a crowd gathered around beofre I was done assuring them I would be there every evening after work until the smell of Meth disappeared from the neighborhood, and I bet them I could get more neighbors to join me.

We saw no less than an invasion of law enforcement into our neighborhood for the next two weeks. The odor went away almost immediately upon their presence, and hasn't been smelled again since then. Thumbs up to them on finally getting around to it.

I'm not a cop hater. I am just enough of a realist to understand that sometimes, even when the case is handed to them on a silver platter, getting the job done is just more than some can muster.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: 603Country] #3895820 12/29/12 10:04 PM
D
DMW Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted By: 603Country
Don't expect too much help from Law Enforcement. They have a lot on their plate (in addition to donuts) and aren't going to worry much about your small loss. It's not an income generator for them, and they'd much rather write speeding tickets - which is an income generator.

I worked with a young woman some years back and she had her new truck stolen. The cop took a report and didn't call back. After a week or two she called them and was told that her truck was probably in Mexico now, so use the insurance money to get a new truck. That was the end of that law enforcement effort. She went and got a new truck.

What exactly is it that you think the police should do? If the truck was taken to Mexico or chopped up and made unrecoverable, what should the police do, according to your expertise? Check every truck that looked like hers? Then you would probably be belly-aching about how the cops were violating people's rights. I seriously doubt that the police could do much of anything to appease you.

Dennis
Benefactor Life Member NRA
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: DMW] #3895906 12/29/12 10:37 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: DMW
[quote=603Country]Don't expect too much help from Law Enforcement. They have a lot on their plate (in addition to donuts) and aren't going to worry much about your small loss. It's not an income generator for them, and they'd much rather write speeding tickets - which is an income generator.

I worked with a young woman some years back and she had her new truck stolen. The cop took a report and didn't call back. After a week or two she called them and was told that her truck was probably in Mexico now, so use the insurance money to get a new truck. That was the end of that law enforcement effort. She went and got a new truck.

What exactly is it that you think the police should do? If the truck was taken to Mexico or chopped up and made unrecoverable, what should the police do, according to your expertise? Check every truck that looked like hers? Then you would probably be belly-aching about how the cops were violating people's rights. I seriously doubt that the police could do much of anything to appease you.

I think Leo should be honest and tell victims of crime that they are going to do close to nothing about it, that they are not going to return their calls, and unless the perp gets caught it one of the many speed traps they have set up and the stuff is in the back of the truck with a sign that says stolen on it we can't catch them. If you are not even going to try that's fine, just own it. They ought to stick Leo at the schools so at least they could look like they do something a few hours a day.

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: killemall] #3896071 12/29/12 11:47 PM
D
DMW Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Your post would be laughable if it weren't so pitiful....What happened? Did you get a ticket that you didn't deserve? Get turned down for a job in Law Enforcement? You very obviously have NO idea what you are talking about, and your pitiful attempts at disparaging LEO's are sad! I suppose you think you would be safer and better off without law enforcement officers, Sad...........

Dennis
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: killemall] #3896074 12/29/12 11:48 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
So DMW, you wonder what it is I would want LE to do on the truck (which wasn't mine). Who knew where the truck was at the time. Was it in Mexico? Was it parked down the street from the police department or in the lot at the donut shop? My secretary didn't know where her truck was, and she (and I) thought it not unreasonable for the police to make at least a tiny effort to look for it. It was new, red, and had a personalized plate. I'm going out on a shaky limb here, but that IS what they are supposed to be doing at least some of the time, isn't it?

Just had a string of thefts out here in the country. People all around me had houses broken into and expensive items taken (TV, riding mowers, welding machines, ATV's, etc.) LE came and wrote reports. I asked my neighbors recently if they'd gotten any of their gear back (NOPE) or if the cops had called them back to give any sort of feedback (NOPE). Cows are being stolen lately, nothing at all is being done, though I have to admit that I don't know who to call in the case of felony theft of a cow..

So...DMW, what do you think that LE should be doing? Obviously I must be missing something. Maybe I don't see the "Big Picture". What I really don't see is LE involvement (other than report writing) in crime solving out here in the sticks. And in my 35 years in suburban Houston, when things got stolen in the subdivision and cars got broken into, none of that ever got solved. So what do they do? I know that they do ride around in their cars.

I think that somebody should now step up and give us a heartwarming story about LE involvement in something that made their personal life better. And I don't mean the part about your wife flirting with a cop to avoid a ticket.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: 603Country] #3896559 12/30/12 02:33 AM
N
Nshotput Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
N
Let me start by saying my father was a cop for 28 years and I know and respect the job but my first night in SAn Antonio gave me a bad taste for LE. I moved here with my family since this is where the military sent me. With an infant and five year old kid wife and dog after making three trips with luggage into the room of the hotel after fourteen hours of driving I was spent so on the third trip to the truck I covered my guns with blankets in the backseat floor of the truck in full light in view of the front desk of the front desk of the hotel desk(boat was attached so I had to park sideways). Next morning my rear window and truck cap window were smashed. Called the cops, benelli m2 and a brand new never fired savage with a plaque from my last unit stolen(in addition to other things) gone. Cop shows up takes my statement and doesn't even bother to get out of the car and leaves. I couldn't believe it.

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: DMW] #3896609 12/30/12 02:45 AM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Your post would be laughable if it weren't so pitiful....What happened? Did you get a ticket that you didn't deserve? Get turned down for a job in Law Enforcement? You very obviously have NO idea what you are talking about, and your pitiful attempts at disparaging LEO's are sad! I suppose you think you would be safer and better off without law enforcement officers, Sad...........

None of the above, I live in the county, and in parker county you pretty much have no Leos, short of someone to show up 30 to an hour after you call and take a report. I have plenty of idea of what I speak. Really don't care what you think, my guess is you are a wannabe reserve deputy of some sort, you suffer from little man syndrome like the rest do.

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: killemall] #3896794 12/30/12 03:27 AM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Sooooo, we're supposed to call out the forensic crime scene team every time a car get's broke in to, huh? Sorry your guns were stolen. Did you provide serial numbers? You do realize that SA is only 2 hours from the border right? By the time you reported the offense your guns are in Mexico, in the hands of a cartel member. Or in some gangbanger's hands in SA.

As for the stolen truck with personalized plates. If you stole a vehicle would you leave the original plates on it? Me neither. Let's try a little exercise for all the of armchair PoPo here. Over the next week I'd like y'all to take note of every blue late model Chevrolet 1500 crewcab you see. Or every late model Ford crewcab. Or Dodge. You will soon see that when you're looking for a specific vehicle you will see them every freaking where.

My captain's truck was stolen recently in San Marcos. Late model maroon Dodge 2500 crewcab. It was recovered a week and half later by Webb Co. It was loaded up with dope and illegals. Led the locals on a 1 hour chase that ran through ranches, brush and finally a splash down in the Rio Grande.

How many trucks just like his do you suppose are running up and down the road? How many of those are in close enough proximity to a cop so that he could run the tags? Would he have a reason to run the tags? We don't run around all day running every LP we see. You know that, right?

Some of y'all have been done wrong. I offer no excuses. I cannot comment on your situation because I have personal knowledge of the circumstances. As for others here, y'all have some really unrealistic expectations. Y'all need to reexamine what's real and what's Hollywood TV garbage.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: LandPirate] #3896836 12/30/12 03:44 AM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
LandPirate, Mike, you have forgotten the people you work for. You have forgotten the people you serve.

You're starting to sound like an elected representative in Washington who has lost his compass and has abandoned his constituency.

Shameful!

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: LandPirate] #3896850 12/30/12 03:47 AM
N
Nshotput Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
N
Would have felt better if they got out of the car and yes all info was provided. I know my guns are guns doesn't excuse being lazy. I still treat soldiers even if I know it's bs!

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: Nshotput] #3896877 12/30/12 03:53 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Ehhh, I think I'll stick to respecting anybody that puts THEIR lives in danger to help protect mine. Maybe some of you cop haters are some of the ones stealing this cr@p?

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: dawaba] #3896917 12/30/12 04:04 AM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: dawaba
LandPirate, Mike, you have forgotten the people you work for. You have forgotten the people you serve.

You're starting to sound like an elected representative in Washington who has lost his compass and has abandoned his constituency.

Shameful!

No sir, I haven't. I work in the very community I grew up in. I could have gone to Austin and made twice the money but it means something to me personally to work for "my people". I do my damnedest every day. It's made more difficult by the general public that get their ideas, notions, info, and expectations based on what they see on TV.

It's really aggravating when you have to play the political games that are pressed upon you. I got into LE to do a job, not play politics, yet I'm forced to daily.

The voting public has the power to change that but won't get out and vote. Most local elections have a turn out of 15%. Then everyone wants to bitch and complain about their perceived gripes when they don't truly understand the situation.

Anyway, for those that have been done wrong, I'm sorry. Wish I could help personally. I'd invite you to move to Buda but we have too many "outsiders" as it is.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: dawaba] #3896919 12/30/12 04:04 AM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
I don't think anybody has unrealistic expectations, I don't think Leos put any effort into certain types of crime. I get it, but at the same time Joe public gets tired of getting no help when someone steals their stuff, breaks inttheirhouse, etc. All the while, in parker county their is a pile of dos writing tickets, hudson oaks pd is writing tickets by Wal-Mart and sitting across from boo rays to pass out a DWI, willow park pd is sitting across from railhead waiting to write a dwi, the county is backed up by the creek on old annetta rd, dont know what hé is doing there all day every day, taking a nap I suspect. Many feel that if there was more attention to crime, and less to tickets we may be better off. It's not all Leos but there are a bunch. Where I live is a joke.

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: LandPirate] #3896949 12/30/12 04:15 AM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: LandPirate
Originally Posted By: dawaba

Shameful!

No sir, I haven't. I work in the very community I grew up in. I could have gone to Austin and made twice the money but it means something to me personally to work for "my people". I do my damnedest every day. It's made more difficult by the general public that get their ideas, notions, info, and expectations based on what they see on TV.

It's really aggravating when you have to play the political games that are pressed upon you. I got into LE to do a job, not play politics, yet I'm forced to daily.

The voting public has the power to change that but won't get out and vote. Most local elections have a turn out of 15%. Then everyone wants to bitch and complain about their perceived gripes when they don't truly understand the situation.

Anyway, for those that have been done wrong, I'm sorry. Wish I could help personally. I'd invite you to move to Buda but we have too many "outsiders" as it is.

My apologies to you, Mike, and to LEOs everywhere who put on the badge every day.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: killemall] #3897005 12/30/12 04:37 AM
D
DMW Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted By: killemall

None of the above, I live in the county, and in parker county you pretty much have no Leos, short of someone to show up 30 to an hour after you call and take a report. I have plenty of idea of what I speak. Really don't care what you think, my guess is you are a wannabe reserve deputy of some sort, you suffer from little man syndrome like the rest do.

No sir, your guess is wrong on both counts. I am sorry you have such a low opinion of LEOs. Obviously, you have had some bad experiences with police officers, deputies,or something, and have come to think that all LEOs are lazy and/or incompetent. That is your privilege. But if you think that DWI and traffic enforcement is not important, you are mistaken. If you think that the officers in your county are not doing their job, you should take it up with the sheriff and/or the county commissioners. But painting all officers with such a broad brush is wrong.

Dennis
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: DMW] #3897095 12/30/12 05:19 AM
N
Nshotput Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
N
I don't have a low opinion of leos at all but this was just a bad experience for me overall. The benelli was the first gun I saved for and bought after a deployment ( or two kids slow things down). That was why I brought it with me along with my new rifle. Either way having to ask a Cop to get out of their car when no bullets are flying wouldn't be a big deal but apparently it was. Sorry but even my dad asked wtf

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: Nshotput] #3897494 12/30/12 02:36 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
I agree, that not getting out of the car was unprofessional and discourteous. I would have at least checked with the office of the hotel to see if they have video. With that said, this guy probably works the district regularly and knows who does and does not have video.

I know my district well and know who does and who does not have video. I know who has good video and who has crappy video.

Just FYI, hotels/motels are targeted by car burglars. They usually hit with several people at once. Blitz type attack. They each hit one or two cars and then they're gone. They're seldom on scene more than a few minutes.

So, as with everything else, do not leave valuables in your car, especially at hotels/motels.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: killemall] #3897546 12/30/12 03:00 PM
S
Stinger13 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: LandPirate
Killem, I keep a special ticket book just for you buddy.

Fine by me, money is not my problem, I will take the ticket or the lecture. Not both.

Why not...you gave a lecture. As they say...ignorance is bliss....Keep thinking what you think and get caught like you do.

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: killemall] #3897580 12/30/12 03:14 PM
S
Stinger13 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
[quote=603Country]Don't expect too much help from Law Enforcement. They have a lot on their plate (in addition to donuts) and aren't going to worry much about your small loss. It's not an income generator for them, and they'd much rather write speeding tickets - which is an income generator.

I think Leo should be honest and tell victims of crime that they are going to do close to nothing about it, that they are not going to return their calls, and unless the perp gets caught it one of the many speed traps they have set up and the stuff is in the back of the truck with a sign that says stolen on it we can't catch them. If you are not even going to try that's fine, just own it. They ought to stick Leo at the schools so at least they could look like they do something a few hours a day.

You are one of those that couldn't be satisfied if they parked at your deer camp. If they called you every time you wanted they would not have time to patrol. Then you would complain about that. When you want one, you demand their presence. If you don't want one, you think they should disappear. Can't have it both ways. I don't know what kind of work you do, but it sure must not be around the public.
Let's add this little tidbit. Most departments don't get involved with little minor accidents if there are no injuries, especially those in parking lots. After the bump it is an insurance civil matter which they do not get involved in. Seeing police on the highways is not a bad thing. How the hell do you think the criminals get to where they do the crime? Oh yeah, they carried your stuff in a backpack and walked home. Sounds like you should take up golf or bowling and bitch about sandbaggers and cheaters.

Last edited by stinger13; 12/30/12 03:15 PM.
Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: LandPirate] #3897599 12/30/12 03:21 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Up till now, all I've had to say on LE was negative. Please understand that I don't consider all of LE to be worthless. I'm sure that there are many young people, male and female, doing all they can to make us all safer. And, we are better off with the LE personnel we have than we would be without them. That said, I do expect more from them than we are getting. I don't expect the forensics team to come out to work my case of the missing riding mower, but I do expect somebody from LE to come out and at least pretend to care. I am extremely disappointed with the feeling I get from LandPirate's comments that suggest that they couldn't solve the problem anyway, so why spend a bunch of time working on it. You wouldn't want your EMS people to give up on you like that or not even try to treat you. They'd get fired if they did that. But LE can give poor performance after poor performance and all they do is go on to the next report writing instance. We, as the people they work for, tolerate that. The world used to consist of 'the good guys' and 'the bad guys', but now it seems that our world is 'the good guys','the bad guys', and 'the cops'. And since the cops haven't done anything good for us in recent memory, except write tickets, it's real hard for me to include them with the good guys. And I venture to guess, based on my time in the USMC Military Police, that the cops don't consider us to be their friend. Why should they? LE lives in its own little insular world, which doesn't include the people they are supposed to protect and serve.

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: killemall] #3897610 12/30/12 03:24 PM
S
Stinger13 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I don't think anybody has unrealistic expectations, I don't think Leos put any effort into certain types of crime. I get it, but at the same time Joe public gets tired of getting no help when someone steals their stuff, breaks inttheirhouse, etc. All the while, in parker county their is a pile of dos writing tickets, hudson oaks pd is writing tickets by Wal-Mart and sitting across from boo rays to pass out a DWI, willow park pd is sitting across from railhead waiting to write a dwi, the county is backed up by the creek on old annetta rd, dont know what hé is doing there all day every day, taking a nap I suspect. Many feel that if there was more attention to crime, and less to tickets we may be better off. It's not all Leos but there are a bunch. Where I live is a joke.

You are a piece. Let me clue you in a little. I am a retired police officer. My career ended when I was hit by a drunk driver while working an DWI accident. GO FIGURE!! You are pissed cuz they are looking for DWI offenders. Pray you are not a victim of one. I spent 35 days in the hospital, had several surgeries, etc. And you bitch without any real knowledge of what you are talking about!
What kind of HELP do you want after your stuff is stolen? When the report is taken, it gets assigned to an investigator for action. Do you want the complimentary call to apologize because there is no workable evidence? Like I said earlier, you want it your way, like a spoiled brat. What the hell does it mean sitting across from Boo Rays to "pass out a DWI"? Are you driving around all of these places the same time or are these things you have seen at different times. Do you think maybe working DWI problems and high accident areas might help your insurance? Or is yours already sky high due to tickets? Tell me with of the things you have talked about are NOT crimes. They are ALL in the Texas Penal Code, Traffic Code, and Code of Criminal Procedure.
As was said by someone else: take better care of your stuff and move on!

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: 603Country] #3897622 12/30/12 03:29 PM
S
Stinger13 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: 603Country
Up till now, all I've had to say on LE was negative. Please understand that I don't consider all of LE to be worthless. I'm sure that there are many young people, male and female, doing all they can to make us all safer. And, we are better off with the LE personnel we have than we would be without them. That said, I do expect more from them than we are getting. I don't expect the forensics team to come out to work my case of the missing riding mower, but I do expect somebody from LE to come out and at least pretend to care. I am extremely disappointed with the feeling I get from LandPirate's comments that suggest that they couldn't solve the problem anyway, so why spend a bunch of time working on it. You wouldn't want your EMS people to give up on you like that or not even try to treat you. They'd get fired if they did that. But LE can give poor performance after poor performance and all they do is go on to the next report writing instance. We, as the people they work for, tolerate that. The world used to consist of 'the good guys' and 'the bad guys', but now it seems that our world is 'the good guys','the bad guys', and 'the cops'. And since the cops haven't done anything good for us in recent memory, except write tickets, it's real hard for me to include them with the good guys. And I venture to guess, based on my time in the USMC Military Police, that the cops don't consider us to be their friend. Why should they? LE lives in its own little insular world, which doesn't include the people they are supposed to protect and serve.

Because of people with that exact opinion. You are way out in left field, you still stayed negative. Do you REALLY know what goes on? The MP is in a fenced compound. The Police have to listen to both side , including yours, yet they go on and do what YOU claim to pay them to do.

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: killemall] #3897649 12/30/12 03:37 PM
C
craige Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I don't think anybody has unrealistic expectations, I don't think Leos put any effort into certain types of crime. I get it, but at the same time Joe public gets tired of getting no help when someone steals their stuff, breaks inttheirhouse, etc. All the while, in parker county their is a pile of dos writing tickets, hudson oaks pd is writing tickets by Wal-Mart and[/color] sitting across from boo rays to pass out a DWI[color:#FF0000], willow park pd is sitting across from railhead waiting to write a dwi, the county is backed up by the creek on old annetta rd, dont know what hé is doing there all day every day, taking a nap I suspect. Many feel that if there was more attention to crime, and less to tickets we may be better off. It's not all Leos but there are a bunch. Where I live is a joke.

Then you should go thank them personally. That there is them saving lives. Your upset that they target drunks?

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: Stinger13] #3897665 12/30/12 03:43 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
The amount of policy for Leo's is unbelievable. It is not what you think it is. The public usually only sees what takes place on the side of the road. Traffic is just a small portion of what goes on behind closed doors.

Some of you need to move or speak out to your officials. Unfortunatley it is all about money. I work for an upscale city and we still lack much needed quipment or it is outdated. It's about money and what the council wants. A skatepark and nature garden is much more higher priority than better Leo tools.
I'm happy to enjoy my job and help people. So many people out here that aren't going to be happy no matter what you do.

Re: got all my stuff stolen and the police didnt really do there job...what would you do. [Re: Brother in-law] #3897803 12/30/12 04:40 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Stinger, when I was an MP I was not in a compound. For me, much of it was walking Camp Pendleton (parts of it) with a partner. They didn't give me a car.

The point of all this chatter was that the OP got some stuff stolen and no LE folks did anything about it. That understandably irritated him. The unintended result of all this is that we 'civilians' now clearly understand the thing that we had always hoped wasn't true IS true. That being the circumstance of when and if something is stolen from us, the front man for the insurance company (Also Known As - the least senior LEO) will come and write a report and we can then file a claim. Other than that, NOTHING is going to happen that involves LE, unless your daughter flirts with the young cop. And yes, the report written will go to the "investigator" and he's going to put it on the pile with the others, to be further buried when other reports arrive. Not only can they not find your 'stuff', in a couple of days it's doubtful they can even find your report.

At what point does a theft get so big or egregious that the aforementioned Investigator does something about it? Certainly a truck isn't big enough, nor are several TV's. Maybe a Business Jet...no...that's probably in Mexico by now. No point in looking.

Somebody said, and I think he was ex-LE, that we'd better take care of our stuff to be sure that it doesn't get stolen. Yessiree, I really do now think that's great advice, because they clearly told us that they can't or won't do anything to get your stuff back once it's gone.

And if the crooks steal your phone, don't rush to town too fast, or you can explain the theft as you get your speeding ticket.

If I was in LE, I'd most certainly be defensive when my profession was discussed.

And if someone asks, I'll share one of the LE stories from my days in corporate America. This one is quite funny, and doesn't reflect too poorly on the young LEOs. We could use a smile about now.

Last edited by 603Country; 12/30/12 04:41 PM.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide