Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: It was a great day in Dallas sports dkershen 2 minutes ago
Hell ya! banana2
1 3 Read More
Re: Texas Rangers 2024 dkershen 9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by ndhunter
Rangers for the win in extra innings. Jonah Heim cleaned up his mess.

Yep. Heck of a game. texas
11 266 Read More
Re: Eclipse Info. BigPig 9 minutes ago
I’m praying for intense thunderstorms on April 8
34 1,388 Read More
Hunting Vehicles Jump to new posts
Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review BigPig 10 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Hirogen
Picked it up today. Taking it on a 1000+ mile road trip starting Sunday Morning. Some of that (+/- 80 miles will be snowy/icy sorta maintained off-grid logging roads) will let you know what i think when i get back. Pretty spring like at home but where i am headed not so much.

[Linked Image]

Great looking truck. I finally saw that color in person and it sure is unique.
73 4,680 Read More
Re: Civil War 10 Gauge 12 minutes ago
Well, you could say approximately 3 percent of whites owned slaves when the Civil War started. I have seen estimates as low as 1%, but also some higher. Higher percentages mostly reported by groups that have a keen interest in racism because it has made them rich. But that is not my point. My point is that when the Civil War kicked off, the overwhelming majority of white people in the south had never even met, probably never even seen, a person of color in their lifetimes. Most rural white people were impoverished by today’s standards.

Yet some of you want to believe that these people marched for hundreds of miles, some with no footwear of any kind, to protect slave owners and oppress black people.

The truth is that white southerners were literally paying 80% of all the federal taxes, and the government had plans to tax them more. This is what motivated them to fight. They were fed propaganda just like we are today. Most of these people lived at least a partially subsistence lifestyle and not by choice, and they could hardly afford to buy the bare necessities to live.

But I guess it was just so important to oppress black people and ensure they remained slaves, that they left their farms behind for the wives and kids to manage, and fought a war that they barely had enough financial backing to fight. And kept fighting when the salaries were unpaid.

Don’t be a fool.

35 1,510 Read More
Re: ***March Madness 2024 Official*** Roll-Tide 36 minutes ago
Down goes North Carolina. Big win by Bama.
92 2,867 Read More
Re: Medicare Advantage plans jsteve 38 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by Concho
Free Advice on the Internet...take it for what it is worth...

I sold health insurance for over 40 years and am now retired. I post "free advice" about this stuff on a regular basis in hopes I can help some folks on here

Well, I'm just saying with the numerous texts, telephone calls and emails I get each day about Medicare and Medicare Advantage, who knows what to believe. I have been on Medicare and now on Medicare Advantage plan for a couple years...I have never had a single problem and I have some medical issues. All the plans are pretty much self-explanatory and outline the coverage and costs. I didn't say your advice is wrong, or there is anything wrong with suppling the advice, I didn't even know insurance agents could be involved in Medicare Advantage or Medicare, I just thought everyone signed up like me after reading and studying the available plans. Please Carry on.

Advantage plans are private insurance plans. It is not a "supplement" like a lot of the commercials make it look like(Plan C). You still pay for Medicare B. You either have regular Medicare or you have an AP, cannot have both. They are also just 1 year contracts. If you do nothing they will continue with what you had but your doctors may not be in their network and the embedded drug plan may not cover your drugs anymore. That is why you have to check them out each and every year.
21 743 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 6mm Dead? DStroud 42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Judd
I think a 25PRC would be cool and you can get Lapua 6.5 brass and a pretty simple neck down. I've never owned a quarterbore...might be time wink

I have one….25 PRC that is. I had even planned to use it in a NRL hunter match next month but can’t find a 10 round AI style magazine to fit a LA. They make them for SA and even for the medium actions but no long actions.
I have been shooting the 134gr Hornady bullets running them relatively slow at 3000fps just playing around shooting steel mostly.
I think the PRS shooters in general are always looking for the Goldilocks spot between recoil/ BC/ seeing trace and bullet impacts. Obviously Berger and Hornady have noticed this as well and are looking to provide high BC bullets for that market they see growing.
Wonder when Hornady will introduce the new 25caliber to bridge the gap between the Creedmoor and the PRC?
12 250 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 6.8 bullets/projectiles FUZZYHUNTER 52 minutes ago
TTT
3 326 Read More
Re: S&W revolver? bluetopper 55 minutes ago
What you have is a 4 inch barreled 38 Special M&P (Military and Police) Postwar. In 1945 S&W began the S serial number prefix at S811120 and ended in 1948 at serial number S999999. In 1957 when S&W started assigning model numbers, this firearm became known as the model 10.

I want to caution about storing it in the leather holster. It tends play havoc with the bluing. Your stocks appear to be very nice well made stag. Look for original walnut ones on ebay.

You have a wonderful handgun in great shape your grandfather left you. Hope you treasure it for many years.
1 59 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: WTB old model ruger blackhawks TexasUplander 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by shooter60
I have an unfired 1970, 3 screw, 4 5/8” bbl in 357, I don’t have original box because I bought it out of an estate. I’m asking $800 if interested I can send you some pics
Thanks Mike

Sounds like a beauty sir. I just use them to build on so not looking to spend that much.
4 207 Read More
Re: 4h competition 22lr 50ft iron sights Brother in-law 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Big Fitz
Have you considered reaching out to Mikael Vesperman of S&S precision in Denton? He and his dad Sr run several 22lr competitions and can definitely steer you in the right direction.

Best answer

Savage is not the answer
5 131 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
WTB Armalite AR10 Detachable Sights lefty14615 1 hour ago
I know its a long shot but I want to buy an Armalite AR10 detachable carry handle and front sight. Let me know if you have a set collecting dust.
0 17 Read More
Re: ♪♫♪♫ Listening to II ♪♫♪♫ Mickey Moose 1 hour ago
1,708 406,144 Read More
Open Hunting Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Lease money stolen txshntr 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by jrgocards
Originally Posted by txshntr
Man, I hate that for you. Really isn’t much on the legal side that you can do to recover what was stolen but worth a shot.

There have been a lot of comments about not posting on the internet and just “taking care of it”. I know some people just talk but I’m 100% positive that is exactly what would happen on our lease. Money wouldn’t be an issue to fight it the legal route but they would have to find the thief because he would be preoccupied and hoping the law found him.

I know this for two reasons…One, a few years back we had a family of morons get off and they stole our outhouse (and not a good one) and at one time there was talk of burning down their camper and house. Two, I am the one that collects all the checks and pays the rancher directly.

I am not an easily intimidated person but I would be terrified

Hey T Rex - how you doing??

JR

Doing good JR! Glad to be back cheers
55 5,522 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Aimpoint pro 2 moa popo1223 1 hour ago
New aimpoint pro 2 moa..brand new just mounted ..lost the box.. Asking 500 shipped obo. No trades. Can text me for details. Thanks Ken 903-288-3585. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 47 Read More
Photos & Videos Jump to new posts
Re: My Idaho Elk is home!! Ringtail 1 hour ago
What an incredible trophy bull of a lifetime!! Congratulations!
30 914 Read More
Recipes & Cooking - Cleaning & Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: A New York Kinda Night NORML as can be 1 hour ago
food
6 639 Read More
Open Hunting Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Who uses smaller binos when turkey hunting? PMK 2 hours ago
up thanks!
13 610 Read More
Re: Double Bacon Super Burger NORML as can be 2 hours ago
up
5 638 Read More
Re: Surf, and Her Turf!! NORML as can be 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by 1955
Yum , food
6 461 Read More
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Nosler Bullet Question - Deer txtrophy85 2 hours ago
For deer and hogs I would stay with ballistic tips.

I shoot accubonds but only if:

A. Hunting an area where I am I can have an overlap of bigger game species like Bear or Elk/Moose.

B. Shooting a very fast round like a .257 wby where a cup and core might be a little too frangible.
7 188 Read More
Re: Breakfast NORML as can be 2 hours ago
I would've had to add another egg to replace the one with the leak.
8 588 Read More
Re: Sweet Tooth Likes My Country Pork Chops NORML as can be 2 hours ago
Yes please food
8 500 Read More
Re: Worse Than Lays Potato Chips!! NORML as can be 2 hours ago
yingyang
5 301 Read More
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide