Feb 12th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Savage model 16 in 270 WSM and 300 WSM HR3 4 hours ago
270 WSM is sold.....300 WSM is still available
5 321 Read More
Photos & Videos Jump to new posts
Re: Daily photo thread Elkhunter49 4 hours ago
Yes sir I'm a hunter at heart but I also shoot some birds when I'm sitting in a blind!

[Linked Image]
3,502 617,189 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: Facts… BOBO the Clown 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
There's no way I would pay that. If you have loans on all that then I understand you are stuck though.

No way I wouldnt insure my house. Its paid for and I technically dont have too, but it not worth the risk. Now if I had small ranch cabin, id consider not
9 300 Read More
Wild Hog & Javelina Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Hog Hunting With Shotgun - What Shells to Use? Brother in-law 4 hours ago
9 448 Read More
Re: Model 70 .225 winchester eyedoc 4 hours ago
Very nice, i have same gun, same year, shoots 3/4”w factory ammo, mine has been rode a little harder though, somebody will get an awesome gun
2 180 Read More
Ammunition & Reloading Jump to new posts
12 Gauge TSS reloading Kevin B. 5 hours ago
I have recently gotten into reloading and would like to reload some TSS for water fowl, most likely #8 or 9 shot. I have Winchester AA hs hulls, does anyone know if these hulls will work and if so do yall have any load data for them?
0 43 Read More
Gun Dogs Jump to new posts
Re: Snake proofing dogs Guy 5 hours ago
The thread made me contact an old high school/grade school friend. He has been a vet in Abilene for 30 years, he is retiring end of the month. He said he treats a lot of dogs for rattle snake, he said the vaccine definitely helps.

[Linked Image]

Have not talked to him in 30 or 40 years, this is old high school pic, he is top left, I'm right. That is my red corvette too, which I paid for, I roofed houses back then and made big bucks for a kid. He was smart as hell too, that old car of his, he completely rebuilt that motor and transmission. He was the one got me into labs, he had 2 labs, and talked me into getting one.

[Linked Image]
24 727 Read More
Migratory Bird Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Extreme 2 vs SBE 2 BDB 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by BDB
Or maybe send off my older 12g sbe2 and see if someone can get it to shoot duck loads.

It won't shoot duck loads? Mine shoots any shell I put in it. Maybe you clean it and pamper it too much, the more I abuse mine the better it shoots.

Nope. Its the damdest thing. I shot 8 limits of doves with it when I first bought it.. Cleaned it and got ready for ducks and it started jamming right away. Put up with it, tried about 5 different brands of duck loads over the next 2 seasons. Nothing worked. It jammed on all my buddies except one guy (no pun intended) and he admitted he really holds it tight to shoulder. took it to a gunsmith, they said gun was fine. Took back to dove loads and it never jammed. back to duck loads and it started jamming.

That when I went to my A400. That gun shoots but dam....the ergonomics of the beneli is alot better. I just brushed it off as a lemmon
28 3,550 Read More
Re: Facts… ntxtrapper 5 hours ago
There's no way I would pay that. If you have loans on all that then I understand you are stuck though.
9 300 Read More
Food Plots, Proteins, Minerals, Feed and Corn Jump to new posts
Re: Crimson Clover BubRay 5 hours ago
Nice
1 57 Read More
Re: Facts… BOBO the Clown 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Judd
May 2023 insurance renewal:
Home 3200
Auto 1900

May 2024 insurance renewal:
Home 5950
Auto 5200

Nothing changed and zero claims…they wonder why we despise them. rolleyes

I havent gotten mine but I bet it gets ugly. As soon as they get a chance to raise they are all in. Im all for capitalism, I get it you have to produce a profit, but if any of insurance companies like progressive or liberty mutual posted a profits and raised rates over 10% they should be hung.
9 300 Read More
Re: Factor meals and the like. Roll-Tide 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
My youngest heads off to college in a few months. I’ve thought about the Factor meals, since it will just be two of us.

Didn’t sound that bad, I went on website and put 2 meals a day, 5 days a week. It was 100 bucks.

Any experiences?

Been using them for about year, Save money in the long run and better then eating out fir lunch. havent had a bad one yet.

If you want a free week coupon let me know.

Thanks for the offer. I think I get 15 percent off.

If I can get out with lunch and dinner for me and wife for 100 bucks a week. That’s a win.
8 316 Read More
non-hunting CLASSIFIEDS Jump to new posts
FS: Mahle Filter Kit for X5/F15 xDrive 35i kry226 5 hours ago
Went a new direction with the wife's car and need to get rid of some maintenance bench stock for a 2014-2018 X5/F15 with the 3.0L I-6 engine. $80 TYD.

For sale (will not separate):

Mahle engine oil filter OX 387 D
Mahle engine air filter LX 2525
Mahle activated charcoal cabin air filter LAK 221/S

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
0 35 Read More
Re: Facts… Jimbo1 5 hours ago
Damn...insane!
9 300 Read More
Open Hunting Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Snakes Catperch 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
[quote=Catperch]I’ve been wondering what has happened to the snakes in East Texas. 25 years ago I couldn’t drive down the country roads without stopping to catch a snake.

For giggles, I thought I would look at the human population in the region and found a map of the whole state. Pretty much all of east Texas has stayed stable or lost population and some areas have a goodly amount of loss. I was thinking an increase in human traffic, errr vehicular traffic associated with more humans, more roads, etc. might be taking a toll on the snakes and while they do get roadkilled, that doesn't appear to be the issue at all.

https://usafacts.org/data/topics/pe...Date=2022-01-01&startDate=1999-01-01

So I did some more digging with your time frame in mind. Apparently, the Timber Rattlers were already in decline 25 years ago and researchers were trying to figure out why and there are several suggestions, but this isn't only about Timber Rattlers, but snakes in general. Then I found this that is really interesting. Snake fungal disease (SFD). This news article calls it both a fungus and a virus. It was discovered in Timber Rattlers in 2006.
https://www.cbs19.tv/article/tech/s...501-6be783e5-837c-473d-9565-a07f504ffc1c

This info is from the big heads in DC talking about SFD. Apparently, it is considered an emerging pathogen across the US that was first discovered in the US in the 1980s (in Illinois).
https://wdfw.wa.gov/species-habitats/diseases/snake-fungal-disease

A 3 year study ending in 2021 study found it present in over 15% (27 of 176) of the snakes examined from east Texas, but somehow researchers decided 1:10 has the pathogen.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/ffunb.2023.1064939/full

The disease itself isn't consider very fatal, but in reading various literature, it sounds like it works as another stress factor, weakening the snake's health such that they end up dying from something else more readily. So it would appear to be a comorbidity factor.

Also interesting is that it is thought to be much more widespread than it is, but not a lot of people are looking into it, or not doing geographical wide scale testing. It sounds like most of the studies that find it are studies being conducted after there is a known problem, but first the problem has to be known. Lots of animal deaths go unobserved. It is seems like only when the population noticeably changes that they will look for the cause.

Interesting! Thanks for looking into it.
50 3,435 Read More
Re: Factor meals and the like. BOBO the Clown 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by rickym
No experience here, but I’d have to imagine them being relatively bland, that can be fixed.
Price is high but would allow y’all to eat different meals if you don’t agree on what you want. Also no prep and very little cooking time, and clean up.
I could see utilizing them, but not as everyday, twice a day nutrition.
Buy a weeks worth and stretch it two weeks…maybe.

Cooked fresh, never frozen. Cheaper then a double double with fries from What-a-burger

All kinds of options, Paleo, Protein plus, etc

One of the better Indian butter chickens Ive had, also love the Jalapeño-Lime-Cheddar Chicken
8 316 Read More
Open Hunting Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Snakes Catperch 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Duck man, that’s hard to understand. Neither I or my neighbors South of Bowie have seen a snake of any kind in years.

That is odd. Here is a pic I took on March 31. This is my first copperhead of the year. It was on FM 677 between Forestburg and St Jo.

[Linked Image]

^^^^

And a 'Broadband' at that. We have few where I live.....but mostly the 'Southern'.

[Linked Image]

Beautiful coloring on yours.

The most recent 'Southern' on my place was exceptionally drab colored. Most are very Tan and Copper colored.

[Linked Image]

I love copperheads. They are beautiful snakes. Always gets a pass if I see one.
50 3,435 Read More
Re: Need some help, which skid steer fishmorethanhunt 5 hours ago
Thanks I'll check out the utubes.
7 212 Read More
Facts… Judd 5 hours ago
May 2023 insurance renewal:
Home 3200
Auto 1900

May 2024 insurance renewal:
Home 5950
Auto 5200

Nothing changed and zero claims…they wonder why we despise them. rolleyes
9 300 Read More
Re: Factor meals and the like. BOBO the Clown 5 hours ago

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
My youngest heads off to college in a few months. I’ve thought about the Factor meals, since it will just be two of us.

Didn’t sound that bad, I went on website and put 2 meals a day, 5 days a week. It was 100 bucks.

Any experiences?

Been using them for about year, Save money in the long run and better then eating out fir lunch. havent had a bad one yet.

If you want a free week coupon let me know.
8 316 Read More
Re: Crazy plane lady and ultra right beer. Judd 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
I could easily see guys making the mistake of dating her.

You’d be a fool not to date her…she is why the crazy hot matrix was made.
10 521 Read More
WTB: 7mm WSM Brass Furb 5 hours ago
Like the title says, looking to buy 7mm WSM brass, PM me if you have any, thank you.
0 25 Read More
Knives Jump to new posts
Re: I Like Beer trapperben 5 hours ago
Great story, nice knifes and awesome riffle. I believe as you alluded to the 405 was maybe Teddy's favorite safari caliber.
127 16,678 Read More
Re: Factor meals and the like. txtrophy85 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by rickym
No experience here, but I’d have to imagine them being relatively bland, that can be fixed.
Price is high but would allow y’all to eat different meals if you don’t agree on what you want. Also no prep and very little cooking time, and clean up.
I could see utilizing them, but not as everyday, twice a day nutrition.
Buy a weeks worth and stretch it two weeks…maybe.

Not bland at all. Sure, some taste better than others but majority of them are pretty good. They are about the equivalent to grabbing a meal out, yes more expensive compared to cooking it at home but about on par when you stop at a fast food joint, better food and less calories.

They don't have preservatives so most will only keep a week or so at best.
8 316 Read More
Food Plots, Proteins, Minerals, Feed and Corn Jump to new posts
Crimson Clover angus1956 5 hours ago
Took a chance last fall and planted Crimson Clover behind the house and it came up. banana2

Pictures don't do it justice, looks better in person. Deer are eating it and looks pretty nice from the house.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1 57 Read More
Page 3 of 114 1 2 3 4 5 113 114
© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide